1. Jim Means
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 21 January 2019 21:33 PM UTC

Hey folks,

I'm getting a bunch of warnings during migration - all are the same, referencing various objects in different PBLs.

Example (Just 1 of 14 generated):
PFCAPSRV.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwcache).23: Warning     C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_cachelist') will be implicitly private in the next release.
Note: os_cachelist is defined as istr_cachelist[] 

Since they're all on what I assume are 'as-shipped' PBLs, searching the application for istr_cachelist (or any of the others) yields a good number of results. 

Any idea if I should be worried about this?  Currently migrating from PB 11.2 to PB 2017 R2, Build 1769.  I'll worry about moving to a newer release after I know I can get this to run.

Had similar warnings on another, much simpler app, but this is a much bigger one.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jim

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 21 February 2019 17:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Most of the objects in the PFC**** libraries inherit from an object in the PFE**** libraries. There are likely some objects missing from your PFE layer. Look at the standard PFE libraries and copy over the ones you are missing.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Jim Means Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 22:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Well guys,

I think I'm waving the white flag on this attempt to move to the newer PFCs.  After I finally figured out what to do (I hope), I'm getting compile errors within the new PFCs and I don't know how to correct them.  This is a cherry-picked handful or errors that I believe are related:

PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_u_dw).35: Error       C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_dwsrv_grid
PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_w_master).15: Error       C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_winsrv_style
PFCDWSRV.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_grid).pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_grid.of_showdialog.50: Error       C0015: Undefined variable: w_grid
PFCDWSRV.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_grid).pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_grid.of_showdialog.55: Error       C0094: Routine must return a value.
PFCDWSRV.PBL(pfc_w_grid).pfc_w_grid.open.51: Error       C0194: Missing pcode block for indirect function. Possible cause: library missing from library list.

I think I may just settle for using the older PFCs with the newer DLLs that I found were required for PB2017 and go from there. My apps are working with that combination.  I've spent too much time on this already.

regards,
Jim

Comment
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Thursday, 21 February 2019 06:24 AM UTC
There are some new PFC objects. You have to add or create the extension objects in your extension layer.
  1. Helpful
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 16:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

This warning message has been happening for many versions. It would seem to me that if they actually made the change to make local structure variables private, the warning message should have been removed or reworded to say that they are implicitly private.

It won't cause any issues but it would be a good idea to get the latest PFC version.

Comment
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 14:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I suspect your existing PFC libraries have been migrated several times over the years, as the os_cachelist object structure was replaced by the pfc_n_cst_dwcacheattrib/n_cst_dwcacheattrib non-visual objects in version 7, according to documentation comments in the current libraries.

Definitely time to refresh your copy of the PFC/PFE libraries.

Comment
Jim Means Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 00:39 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Thanks for the input, Chris,

So, someone else suggested a move to the PB 2017 version of the PFC libraries for a different issue. 
Where are they?  The ones suggested were stored on a non-Appeon server and created by one of the Community Experts.

I would have expected there to be "official" PB2017 PFC libraries provided by Appeon.  Are there?  Where are they?

Thanks,

Jim 

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 01:41 AM UTC
Hi Jim;

The PFC's are located here ...

https://github.com/OpenSourcePFCLibraries

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 January 2019 22:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Hi Jim;

Sounds like the compiler complaining about duplicate instance variables. If it encounters this situation, that message can appear.

I suspect that the way to get rid of these issues will be to adopt the PB 2017 version of the PFC libraries. Sounds like your trying to migrate your old PFC objects from the 11.x era - which could be even older than that release. Such old PFC's could certainly give you such issues.

Hopefully, your PB developers did not modify of your current PFC layer objects. Only the ones in the PFE layer.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.