1. Avory Rose Pastoral
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 5 June 2018 04:10 AM UTC

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie in terms of power builder. Is there any possible way to create this kind of UI in power builder 2017 r2 version? Please see image below. Please note that the image is created in Power Builder.Net 12.5. Any suggestion is well appreciated. Thank you! The said project will be use for web deployment too. 

https://ibb.co/dmc27o

https://ibb.co/kUM6YT

David Peace (Powersoft) Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 June 2018 09:12 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi

Yes it is possible to create that type of menu structure using a DW as the base. You can emulate this type of expanding and contracting items by inserting the elements you want when the user clicks on the menu. It does require quite a lot of code and careful thinking to achieve the best results but is entirely possible.

You could look at https://powertothebuilder.com/blogs/2/5/power-builder-ultimate-suite-free-edition

Comment
  1. Avory Rose Pastoral
  2. Wednesday, 6 June 2018 07:33 AM UTC
Hi David,

I am currently trying out Power Builder Ultimate Suite but then it seems that some of the objects is not working in 2017 r2. Like XPListBar and themes. Please give me some help to fix this. Thank you!

Regards,

Avory Rose Pastoral

1. Helpful
  1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. Wednesday, 6 June 2018 13:25 PM UTC
I suggest you contact Brad Wery from WerySoft directly.

All the best.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 June 2018 13:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Avory Rose;

You most certainly can!

I gave a presentation at the PB 2015 Conference about doing this type of design revolving around real-life App's that I built for the Canadian Government.  Please check out the Webifing Presentation and feel free to contact me for more information if you require further details. I also have a demo App (a prototype I wrote for management) that illustrates this approach if you are interested. This type of design also lends itself nicely to not only MS-Windows native Apps but,  tablet based Mobile based Apps as well. 

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 7 June 2018 17:56 PM UTC
Hi Avory Rose;

If you have PowerServer Web installed, I can send you a Demo app that exemplifies what I was presenting. 

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
  1. Avory Rose Pastoral
  2. Tuesday, 19 June 2018 02:40 AM UTC
Hi Chris,

Yes I have a PowerServer for Web. Can you please send me your demo app? Thank you so much.

Regards,

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 19 June 2018 13:30 PM UTC
No problem.

Send me an email at chris.dot.pollach.at.ncf.dot.ca [edit accordingly] and I gave send you the code.

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 June 2018 13:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Also, check out this early preview of an R2 Example App that I am working on currently ...

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.