1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 21 March 2018

For everyone who has been using PFC classes and hasn't switched to a pb2017 pfc version:

Put this code in the constructor event of N_CST_PLATFORM

(of course only the last two lines are relevant for pb 2017, the rest is commented for pb12.5 and pb12.6)

// T3, mjl, 06/01/16: adapt to pb 12.6 instead of 12.5 (see instance vars in ancestor class):
//Protected:
//string is_separator
//string is_ClassName[] = {"FNWND3125", "FNWNS3125"} // this is for pb 12.5

// u4, pb2017, mjl, 21/03/18:adapt to pb2017:
//is_ClassName[1] = "FNWND3126" // pb 12.6
//is_ClassName[2] = "FNWNS3126" // pb 12.6
is_ClassName[1] = "FNWND3170" // pb2017
is_ClassName[2] = "FNWNS3170" // pb2017
Accepted Answer
Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Hi Miguel,

Thanks. The MDI Docking frames actually use a completely different window class name than the traditional FNWND/FNWNS classes. To support WindowType = MDIDock! or MDIDockHelp! you need to add:

is_ClassName[3] = "AfxMDIFrame100su"

PFC17.0 downloaded from Appeon's "Code Samples" references "***120", so same fix is required for anyone using that PFC download.

HTH /Michael

Comment
Hi Miguel (and others),

Here is a list of PowerBuilder system classes that have no descendants in PFC 17 (as defined in the Open Source project on GitHub) though PowerBuilder allows such descendants. Some classes are new to PB 2017 R2 whereas others were introduced many, m,any PB versions ago.

Visual classes

Animation

DatePicker and MonthCalendar

​InkEdit and InkPicture

Non-visual classes

OLETxnObject

HTTPClient and RESTClient

JSONGenerator and JSONParser

MLSync and ULSync

​ADOResultSet

SSLServiceProvider and SSLCallback

TransactionServer

​Throwable, Exception, and RuntimeError

Profiling, TraceFile, and TraceTree

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to add PFC descendants for all these system classes.

HTH /Michael

1. Michael Kramer
  2. Thursday, 22 March 2018
Thanks Michael, some time ago, I sort of filtered out all of the Appeon-unsupported newer powerbuilder types from the pfc's that we were using, but I cannot publish it, since - due to lack of time, we were simply trying to evaluate to possibility of migrating our apps to Appeon WeB - I hacked a lot of pfc's with things specific to our own applications.

While this kinda worked, I still have a long way to go to get everything working with Appeon Powerserver, no time at all right now either.

If I "ever" get a clean adapted version I'll publish it on GitHub, but was really hoping that Appeon would one day try to sell more powerserver by coming up with an adapted newer PFC supported by Appeon Web version.

1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Thursday, 22 March 2018
Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I will transfer it to our engineering team as an enhancement request.

Regards,

1. Govinda Lopez
  2. Monday, 26 March 2018
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Thursday, 22 March 2018
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.