1. Jorge Escobar
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Sunday, 10 November 2019 04:40 AM UTC

Hello everyone

I would like to test the 2019 R2 version since, in that version, it could be the solution to the problem I am having.

As seen in the following image (version 2019 or lower), in the left pane of my window I have a datawindow with a dark background color.

When applying the Theme to the Datawindow, the background.color property changes to white (or to the color defined in the JSON) so it totally modifies my standard, as seen in this other image.

I have tried changing the value of "background-color" in the JSON; however, this change affects even the datawindow grid, form objects, making it unfeasible.

"datawindow":
	{
		"drawing":true,
		"background-color":"#FFFFFF",
		"normal-state":

For the comments I read, in the 2019 R2 version you can apply Themes customized for each circumstance. If it is not possible to define custom styles for the Datawindow, it would be advisable that the backgroud-color property should not apply the color defined in the JSON, but should maintain the color assigned to the object itself.

I would appreciate sharing the download link for the 2019 R2 trial version.

Jorge

Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 10 November 2019 06:23 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Jorge, I'm sorry I cannot share link but I can tell you for sure that in PB 2019 R2 you can define theme settings per individual control.

So if on one window you have dw_Left and dw_Right, you can style dw_Left different than dw_Right. You may want to style all DataWindows in general using some "global theme settings". On specific window you may choose other settings as the "Window specific theme". Then even more granular on certain tab page you choose yet another theme setup for all datawindows on that particular tab page - and finally one specific datawindow on that tab page you decide should have even yet another theme.

I'm sure some developer by mistake can get users totally confused by messing up with too many variations - but overall this is a long way towards what I really want albeit one theme "grouping" is not in R2 but under consideration for future release: To style via PB visual class inheritance. Say cb_important across all windows to have different styling than cb_base. In R2 you would have to apply the "important button" style to each special button. It is doable just requires more theme coding+testing.

HTH /Michael

Comment
  1. Jorge Escobar
  2. Tuesday, 12 November 2019 01:02 AM UTC
Thank you very much for the observation, right now I will make the corrections.

Regards

Jorge
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 12 November 2019 01:34 AM UTC
YW
  1. Helpful
  1. Michael Kramer
  2. Tuesday, 12 November 2019 02:25 AM UTC
LOL - struggling with your Spanish - despite learning Spanish in high school for 3 years. Maybe because that was 1979-1982; and I never really got to use it afterwards. ¡Hablo solamente un poquitito de Español!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 11 November 2019 09:13 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi Jorge,

Please contact julie.jiang@appeon.com for the url of PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Beta.

In R2, if you want to customize dw_nav datawindow on w_main window, you can create a Theme-xxx.json file (e.g., Theme_w_main.json) and then customize the style for dw_nav using the following syntax. 

{
     "meta-info":
    {
        "version":"190"
    },
    "w_main.dw_nav":
    {
        "backgroud-color":"#0060AC"
    }
}

Regards,

Tom Jiang

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.