For those testing PB & PS 2022 R2 Beta, I am pleased to announce that I have an STD Framework beta (2023R2) uploaded last night to the Source Forge website for the OrderEntry "Demo" App. This App also includes the STD Framework version 2023R2 Beta build 2023.2.0.330.
For those testing the PB / PS 2022 R2 beta, this could be a good test case for you to use as well as insights into specific features that the framework offers. The framework and demo Apps are free and open source under an Apache 2.0 License.
OrderEntry App Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass/files/Applications/PowerBuilder/OrderEntry/Beta/
Some change highlights...
- The framework and demo App late bind to PowerServer (when run in that mode) for faster App start-up & detailed logging.
- New framework ancestor classes have been added to compliment the new System Class objects in R2
- The Logon screen can dynamically allow the App user to select the App Style
- Some Framework PowerScript code has been optimized for better R2 processing performance
- The OrderEntry App now can run in the new Tabbed View mode of R2
- The Framework now gets the PowerServer "servers" signature & logs it.
- All PowerServer "Projects" were refactored for PS R2 Beta compliance.
More features / updates to come as well for R2 GA too! ;-)
Please report any framework issues here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass/support
Enjoy ... Chris