1. Christopher Craft
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 19 January 2022 18:56 PM UTC

With the change of the Runtime Path in 2019 R3 I am wondering if the SOAP Web Service has the same feature.  I do not want to add the '..\Runtime 19.2.0.2728' to the System Path.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Chris Craft

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 19 January 2022 19:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Chris;

This still depends on the O/S System Path so that IIS can resolve the required DLL's at runtime.

Armeen makes a great point though that the old .NET 2.0 SOAP WS feature is now deprecated.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 19 January 2022 19:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris, No, the SOAP Web services feature do not have this new capability.  It is obsolete so not getting any enhancements or even bug fixes for that matter.  Recommend to stop using the SOAP Web service feature.

Comment
  1. Christopher Craft
  2. Wednesday, 19 January 2022 20:48 PM UTC
We plan to change it but we do not have the time right now to do it (It would require a complete regression test). Plus when we do change it we want to change how we interact with the API.

On that note - is there a 'auto convert' that will move it to the new way? This would give me a starting point without starting from scratch.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 19 January 2022 21:17 PM UTC
Yes, the PowerScript Migrator utility will help auto-convert the legacy SOAP Web services. It isn't going to be 100% automatic, but usually it his high %. The PowerScript Migrator requires you to use PB 2019 R3 or newer CloudPro Edition.
  1. Helpful 2
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.