1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Monday, 18 February 2019 11:37 AM UTC

Hello,

Just now installed PB 2018 beta.   It asks for login information again, even though I've logged in using PB 2017 R3.  I think Pb 2018 should login automatically, when PB 2017 is already in logged in status.  Isn't it ?  

Won't this prevent using both 2017 and 2018, to login, from the same machine at the same time ?   

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Sivaprakash BKR Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 19 February 2019 10:49 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Not a wise decision, I feel.

We used to work from all previous versions so far, at the same time, with no such restrictions.  This was very useful to open, study, copy required code from any of our applications to new applications so easily.  This restriction means, I need to logout from one version, login another version, search required code, copy it to some other place (in an external editor) again logout, login current version, copy code from external editor to current application.  Is it practical ?

Down the line, if we have 5 major versions, and need to copy code, is that easier.  Won't we be loosing the speed of development with these searches ?   Still we maintain applications developed in ver 6.5, 10.5, 11.5.   We open all applications, developed in various Pb version, all in the same computer, without any issue.

I feel it's really impractical to have different licenses to open different versions in the same computer.   I don't remember having read anything, from Appeon initially, regarding this restriction.  

Need to know the reason, why it is this way ?  is it becz it's not perpetual ?  Or didn't we pay for both 2017 & 2019 ?

Come on Appeon, could you clarify why ?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 18 February 2019 16:19 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Set both to auto login & auto logout.

You can run two of the same version at the same time but not two different versions. It is a business decision Appeon made. It does make sense that one person be able to use all licensed versions at the same time on the same pc. I'm not sure what their argument against that is.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.