1. Kevin Ridley
  2. PowerServer
  3. Monday, 21 February 2022 15:05 PM UTC

Got my PowerServer 2021 POC working, but having an issue with at least 1 datawindow not being found.  Unfortunately it's on the main screen that displays base data.  I've searched through the TroubleShooting documentation and I don't see anything about this error.  The exact error is "Select Error: Datawindow 'mydatawindow' was not found.  Do some datawindows need to be added to the PBR?  Has anyone seen this before?

Kevin

Accepted Answer
Kevin Ridley Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 28 February 2022 14:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

This turned out to be a permissions issue that was resolvable by updating the permissions for the id used in the cache.  Working through a few more datawindow errors.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 22 April 2022 15:39 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Louis Arena Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 14 October 2022 19:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

I am having the same issue as the Author.  I am using PowerServer 2022.  I have a datawindow that has a weird error, so I just created a new one.  I actually call it d_test.  In the IDE it runs no problem.  When compiled and sent to through PS, it says datawindow not found.  How is that possible?  I have done full rebuilds and still get this error.

Comment
  1. Louis Arena
  2. Monday, 17 October 2022 14:28 PM UTC
I followed some instructions someone gave me about clearing out the inetpub\wwwroot, my downloaded apps, and the PS WEB API and did a full rebuild and it is now working. I saved their instructions for future reference. Thanks for the help.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 17 October 2022 16:05 PM UTC
You're welcome!
  1. Helpful
  1. Louis Arena
  2. Tuesday, 18 October 2022 20:35 PM UTC
Today again I had this problem. I had to delete c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxx, c:\users\<yourwindowid>\appdata\roaming\pbapps\applications\xxxx and c:\users\<yourwindowid>\source\repos\xxxxx. Then rebuild and deploy. So this has now happened twice on my for my conversion, why are not new objects being delivered?
  1. Helpful
Hanan Rodriguez Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 16 July 2022 20:14 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

I have a similar problem, some dddw are not recognized.

In the compilation in the analysis process I have the message

dw_my_datawindow error: invalid object name 'my_table'

And at runtime I have the following message error "Datawindow not found"

The corresponding Models\pbl_name\datawindow.cs is not generated in the C# project.

But if I change to the store procedure, it is taken in the build and starts working.

The problem is that I have this case with more than 500 datawindow.

Does anyone have any solution?

Hanan

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 17 July 2022 03:27 AM UTC
Please open a support ticket and provide are so we can investigate if this is really a bug or you made configuration mistake.
  1. Helpful
Jit Sing Chan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 22 April 2022 04:41 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

I facing the same issue and can i know how to update the permission for the user id in the cache?

Comment
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Friday, 22 April 2022 15:47 PM UTC
Give the DBA the id you are using for the cache, and ask them to give it permission on the necessary tables.
  1. Helpful 1
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 February 2022 09:17 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

I remember this happening with Oracle, when testing one of the beta versions like a year ago. Supposedly it should be solved, so it might just be a regression bug.

If I remember well, the problem could be solved by changing the syntax of the sql to be graphic mode or text syntax mode. (can't remember which one it was).

regards.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 22 February 2022 12:53 PM UTC
YW Logan, I already did that in the past, but if I find another one, I'll create another ticket. (It might take some time though before I try again with Oracle).

regards.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 22 February 2022 12:55 PM UTC
It's been a long time ago, but I'm not sure if it was also of influence whether the datawindow had the correct release information on the first line when editing the source code.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 22 February 2022 13:04 PM UTC
Also please note that in my initial answer I said "If I remember well, the problem could be solved ". I'm not SURE :)
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 February 2022 16:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 5

Hi Kevin;

No... all objects are now deployed as an individual file. There is no longer a concept of a PBD + PBR in a PS application. I would check the PS compile logs for any warnings around that problem DWO.

Regards .... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 21 February 2022 22:23 PM UTC
Correct. The error / warning tabs in the PB output area.

Yes, all DWO errors or incompatible SQL errors would appear there in the IDE.

Check the PS unsupported features documents for DWO's & Oracle SP issues that you will need to address.
  1. Helpful
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Monday, 21 February 2022 23:21 PM UTC
I see mention of RPC Arrays, but there's nothing about Functions. Should I open up a support ticket?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 21 February 2022 23:28 PM UTC
Yes, please do. Also include the SF code & how your App / DWO is calling the SF.

Thanks Kevin!
  1. Helpful 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.