1. Andraž Cej
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 10 February 2022 12:21 PM UTC

Hello everyone!

We have been using PB 2019 R3 without any problems. Now, we upgraded to PB 2021. All works fine on 2/3 developer machines. My installation is giving problems.

Following the instalation wizard, all went fine. PB was installed along various .net components. It started, the project was migrated to the higher version. All good.

Soon isues started. Powerbuilder would crash without any message when deploying the application. It would crash when right clicking on the target to see the library list. It would crash when trying to run the app from the IDE. I unistalled the IDE and reinstalled. This helped for a short while (the pateren looks like that something "breaks" when powerbuilder IDE is closed down).

Windows Event Viewer log the following error:

dot net:

Application: PB210.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 11104F7E Stack...

Google says that there is an access isue to .net files. However it is strange, that Powerbuilder works fine on the first run. I did try running as administrator to no luck. But funny is; the often crashes made Windows display an error that a frequent crashing app was detected. In the wizard I tryed "fixing the error" by emabling the sugested "run as adiministrator" option. And it worked. Until I closed powerbuilder...

Did someone face something similar? I can't get any work done. The machine runs Windows 10 with all updates.

John Raghanti Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 2 December 2022 14:39 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi, I just had a client running our software report almost the same exact error. What was the resolution?

Our shop runs PB 2019R2 Build 2353 and we always do Full builds to Pcode, 32 bit. Deployed out to client/server environment.

Client reports from event log:

Application: our.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0040BD5E

Source: .NET Runtime

It confused us because of the .NET flags and the framework flags. We've never seen event log for PowerBuilder containing that information before. But maybe there is something to it? I'm having the client try to run our application as administrator to see if there's any effect, as mentioned above.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 2 December 2022 16:02 PM UTC
Please open a support ticket.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 10 February 2022 16:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Andraz,

I haven't heard widespread issue about this, and the code base between PB 2019 R3 and 2021 is almost exactly the same for client/server features.  But please open a support ticket so our engineering team can look into this.

Thanks,
Armeen

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.