1. suchandra tapadar
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Tuesday, 12 March 2019 21:48 PM UTC

Hi,

My project is using PowerBuilder 12.5 version and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team explorer TFS as a version control for PowerBuilder source code.

We are migrating from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019 and will purchase 4 licenses for the same. Can you please provide me information if PowerBuilder 2019 is compatible with TFS 2010 or any version of TFS .Currently we have MSSCCI provider of TFS to version control PowerBuilder code. Can the same TFS with MSSCCI provider work with PowerBuilder 2019 version. If not, let me know which version control(we are not opting for any licensed software)  will be compatible with PowerBuilder 2019.

Thanks and Regards,
Suchandra Tapadar
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 12 March 2019 22:18 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Suchandra;

PB2019 GA will not directly interface with TFS like PB does today with Git and SVN. TFS is in our plans and in fact, you can see this in Appeon's PB road-map for PB2019 R2/R3, as follows: https://www.appeon.com/developers/roadmap

So for the time being, please continue to use the MSSCCI provider for TFS.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 12 March 2019 22:36 PM UTC
Adding to what Chris said, the default repository for newer versions of TFS is now Git instead of TFVC. So you might want to consider switching your TFS repository from TFVC to Git, which seems the way Microsoft is going with their acquisition of GitHub. And as Chris pointed out, you get the benefit that PowerBuilder natively interfaces with Git repository instead of going through MSSCCI. But of course, MSSCCI is still in PowerBuilder 2019 for backwards compatibility reasons.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.