1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 18 June 2019 07:01 AM UTC

Hi,

I have just started to have a look at the C# functionality of PB 2019. Does it support MySQL? I cannot generate models for any of my tables. I have created a very simple datawindow on a table without indexes or foreign keys or anything complicated. I right click on it and choose Generate C# Models. The generator opens and I choose my connection (MySQL 5.7). I now get a parsing error:

ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.22-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1 primary_creator from sys.sysforeignkeys where foreign_creator = t0.creator and' at line 11

This is the datawindow.

SELECT finance.reference_no,  
         finance.cycle,  
         finance.code,  
         finance.seq,  
         finance.date_paid,  
         finance.via,  
         finance.account,  
         finance.currency,  
         finance.invoice,  
         finance.date_due,  
         finance.paid,  
         finance.date_invoice,  
         finance.currency_paid 
    FROM finance  

This is the select taken from the datawindow syntax in the generator.

retrieve="  SELECT finance.reference_no,            finance.cycle,            finance.code,            finance.seq,            finance.date_paid,            finance.via,            finance.account,            finance.currency,            finance.invoice,            finance.date_due,            finance.paid,            finance.date_invoice,            finance.currency_paid      FROM finance   " update="finance" updatewhere=1 updatekeyinplace=no )

I get the same error for all my tables.  I must admit I have only ever worked with classic c/s so this is a bit new, although I also work with C# in Visual Studio. I just want to see what model is generated.

Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 18 June 2019 07:40 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Gerry,

MySQL is not supported in this version.

You can refer to https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/pb2019/pbug/ch35.html

C# Model Generator supports the following database types and versions:

• PostgreSQL 11.3, 10.1, or 9.6

• Oracle 12c or 18c

• SQL Server 2016 or 2017

• SQL Anywhere 16 (16.0.0.2043 or later) or 17

But Appeon is already researching support for MySQL.

Regards,

Logan

Comment
  1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. Tuesday, 18 June 2019 07:47 AM UTC
Thanks Logan.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.