1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 18 June 2019 07:01 AM UTC

Hi,

I have just started to have a look at the C# functionality of PB 2019. Does it support MySQL? I cannot generate models for any of my tables. I have created a very simple datawindow on a table without indexes or foreign keys or anything complicated. I right click on it and choose Generate C# Models. The generator opens and I choose my connection (MySQL 5.7). I now get a parsing error:

ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.22-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1 primary_creator from sys.sysforeignkeys where foreign_creator = t0.creator and' at line 11

This is the datawindow.

SELECT finance.reference_no,  
         finance.cycle,  
         finance.code,  
         finance.seq,  
         finance.date_paid,  
         finance.via,  
         finance.account,  
         finance.currency,  
         finance.invoice,  
         finance.date_due,  
         finance.paid,  
         finance.date_invoice,  
         finance.currency_paid 
    FROM finance  

This is the select taken from the datawindow syntax in the generator.

retrieve="  SELECT finance.reference_no,            finance.cycle,            finance.code,            finance.seq,            finance.date_paid,            finance.via,            finance.account,            finance.currency,            finance.invoice,            finance.date_due,            finance.paid,            finance.date_invoice,            finance.currency_paid      FROM finance   " update="finance" updatewhere=1 updatekeyinplace=no )

I get the same error for all my tables.  I must admit I have only ever worked with classic c/s so this is a bit new, although I also work with C# in Visual Studio. I just want to see what model is generated.

Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 18 June 2019 07:40 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Gerry,

MySQL is not supported in this version.

You can refer to https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/pb2019/pbug/ch35.html

C# Model Generator supports the following database types and versions:

• PostgreSQL 11.3, 10.1, or 9.6

• Oracle 12c or 18c

• SQL Server 2016 or 2017

• SQL Anywhere 16 (16.0.0.2043 or later) or 17

But Appeon is already researching support for MySQL.

Regards,

Logan

Comment
  1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. Tuesday, 18 June 2019 07:47 AM UTC
Thanks Logan.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.