1. Shin Jungi
  2. PowerServer
  3. Saturday, 28 August 2021 04:18 AM UTC

Hello? Thank you so much for the Power Server 2021 upgrade information.
I am Jungi Shin, CEO of CNS Solutions.

We will send you questions about the Power Server 2021 version as follows.
We would appreciate it if you could send us a reply.
Then please take care.

-- under --

[ WEB version ]
1. What browsers will Power Server 2021 support?

2. When deploying PowerServer 2021, is it possible to deploy Powerbuilder 10.5 version without change?

3. Can development use Powerbuider 10.5 without change on PowerServer 2021?

4. I am currently using Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1689.00 64-bit Edition version.
Errors that did not occur when running in Local When distributed, errors are issued in many parts, but in 2021 version, does it run the same as in the local environment?

5. It works well in Chrome, but it doesn't seem to work well in Explorer. If you use a separate dedicated browser for 2021
Is there no such problem?

6. If I distribute the source of Powerbuilder version 10.5 developed locally, does it provide the same function?

[ Mobile - Android ]
1. How is the mobile version supported?
Currently, Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1689.00 64-bit Edition Android 11 and earlier versions work well in this version.
After version 11, there is no way other than to upgrade to the 2020 version, so you have to purchase a new server.
Does the 2021 version not support mobile functions?
In the 2021 version of PowerServer, how are you planning to support it after Android 11?

2.Does the APPEON WORKSPACE version provide the PowerServer 2021 version?

3. In PowerServer 2021 version, is it possible to create APK in a standalone method?
If not, how do you apply?

4. I heard that PowerServer 2021 will switch to the cloud method, but if it is cloud, is it possible to separately support the cloud app on the Android phone and run it?

5. How can I run it on Android phone in 2021 version?

6. What is the future support plan for Android phones in the 2021 version?

[Mobile - iPhone]
1. How is the mobile version supported?
Currently, Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1689.00 64-bit Edition version uses WORKSPACE for iPhone, but is it supported in PowerServer 2021 version?

2. I heard that PowerServer 2021 is switching to the cloud method. If it is cloud, is it possible to separately support the cloud app on the iPhone and run it?

3. How can I run it on iPhone in 2021 version?

4. What is the future iPhone support plan in the 2021 version?

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 28 August 2021 14:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

Hi Shin;

PowerServer 2021 is a whole new type of PS that focuses on "Cloud" computing. The PS 2020 release was the last version that supported PB based Web & Mobile applications. These features have been deprecated in PS2021.

For more detailed information, please contact Sales@Appeon.com.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Shin Jungi Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 11 January 2022 04:23 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Thank you.
We finally upgraded to PowerServer 2020.

It's been 4-5 months, but Android and IOS mobile parts are not supported.

I am waiting.

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 28 August 2021 16:35 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Jungi,

To use PowerServer 2021, you must upgrade also to PowerBuilder 2021 CloudPro Edition.  You cannot use PowerBuilder 10.5.

To address most or all of your questions regarding Web, please carefully read these sections in the product documentation:

* System Requirements - https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/Installation_requirements.html

* Unsupported Features - https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/Unsupported_Features.html

I also recommend spending 5 minutes and go through the product tour: https://www.appeon.com/products/powerserver-tour

As far as iOS/Android, that is not supported by PowerServer 2021.  However, you can leverage the DataWindows from your application and tools provided by Appeon to rapidly build new mobile apps.  There was a presentation about this at Elevate 2020: https://www.appeon.com/conference/elevate-2020/live?id=282

If after reviewing these materials you have questions, please contact our sales dept. at sales@appeon.com.

Thanks,
Armeen

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.