1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 18 December 2018

See attachment for supposed Release of old RTE control, now in Q2 2019?????

On this page it still says it will be released at the beginning of 2019, so I'm confused, can someone please confirm whether the old control is still going to be released in January 2019 (even as part of the now Beta version of PB 2018)?

https://www.appeon.com/developers/roadmap/richtextedit-backwards-compatibility.html

Thanks,

MiguelL.

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Okay, I already found the answer: it's going to form part of the beta in January.

https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pb-2018-delayed-6-months

Comment
yes, I was a little bit too fast and found the answer myself also. It's just that I don't understand that:

- if you have a car with a steering wheel

- then replace the steering wheel and add a fancy bluetooth radio to it

- when both fail, you concentrate on the bluetooth radio and postpone anything related to the sterring-wheel

In my opion, it's been a major error of Appeon to concentrate on PDF while everyone was managing their pdf's already somehow and didn't care enough about the RTE control that was being used by many users since years.

If we would have known this we would have saved ourselves 2 or 3 years of licences x2.

Nothing personal, just don't understand the policy.

Now we will have to test the hell out of our app with the new beta and see if we finally can go to production with it or maybe just forget about the old rte and see if we can fix the new one's behavior.

Cheers,

MiguelL
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 18 December 2018
No ... not with the PB2019 Beta ... please use the PB2017R3 MR for the TX Control - then you do not have to wait that long to use it in production. :-)
  1. Chris Pollach
ah ok, understood :)
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Tuesday, 18 December 2018
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink
Armeen Mazda Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

The "old" RTE control is going to be added to PB 2017 R3 in the form of an MR that is scheduled to release in January 2019.  Since it is an MR it would also include bug fixes.  

PowerBuilder 2019 (both the beta version and the final GA version) will also include the "old" RTE control, but we recommend customers that want the "old" RTE control to upgrade to 2017 R3 (if they are not already on 2017 R3) and then apply the MR so your production apps get the "old" RTE control sooner rather than later and with long-term support.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Wednesday, 19 December 2018
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.