1. Niclas Graufelds
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 18 March 2021 11:34 AM UTC

Hi,

We have PowerBuilder desktop applications (windows 10/win32) that are having accessibility issues and we are investigating on what can be done in the area. We currently are in the process of upgrading from PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to PowerBuilder 2019 R3. I found the accessibility conformance report as below and I wonder what the plan is to address the issues mentioned in the report? 

https://www.appeon.com/sites/default/files/pictures/Downloads/Appeon_PowerBuilder_Accessibility_Conformance_Report_PowerBuilder_2019_R3.pdf

Best regards
Niclas Graufelds

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 18 March 2021 19:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Niclas;

What "Screen Reader" are you uisng?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 18 March 2021 19:46 PM UTC
Thanks Armeen, I missed that. I found issues with R3 and the W10 built-in "Narrator" screen reader. There is a ticket open for that one.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 18 March 2021 19:49 PM UTC
Windows Narrator is not so great. Specialized reader like Jaws should work fairly well. Of course, there are some k own limitations documented in our VPAT report.
  1. Helpful
  1. Niclas Graufelds
  2. Friday, 19 March 2021 14:32 PM UTC
Thanks for your replies. I guess we'll have to do a test to see if we run in to any of the problems mentioned in the report.

/Niclas
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 18 March 2021 14:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Niklas -

What are the issues you are experiencing?

In the past, say PB2017, there was an issue with running your code and getting "Accessibility error" messages. That has been resolved with PB2019R3.

Later -

Olan

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 18 March 2021 17:30 PM UTC
Thanks! We'll resolve this in an MR for PB 2019 R3.
  1. Helpful
  1. Christopher Craft
  2. Friday, 19 March 2021 15:18 PM UTC
I just noticed that spelling too and was going to post something.

When is the planned MR? I would like to deploy our application with that if it will be released soon.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 19 March 2021 15:32 PM UTC
Hi Chris, Please email our product management team at product@appeon.com to get estimated date about the next MR.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.