1. Brian Bray
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 26 June 2018 16:22 PM UTC

I'm having an issue where opening any datawindow in the powerbuilder IDE will turn on ODBC database logging causing application testing to run extremely slowly. Logging is not turned on in the ODBC DSN or in the properties of the connection in the database painter. A restart of the IDE (after closing all datawindow painters) is required to reset this logging.

I'm using postgresql. I first noticed this problem first started after recent windows 10 updates and it is reproducible in Windows 10 version 1803, but it first started with earlier updates. This might be unrelated since other changes were happening at the same time.

Has Anyone else seen this or have any ideas about how to change this behavior?

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 June 2018 17:25 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Brian;

This could be an issue with the new PostGreSQL ODBC driver in PB2017R2. I have not seen this issue with any other DBMS being accessed by ODBC. You might want to open a Support Ticket on this problem.

FYI: Note that the PB2017R3 release coming out soon has an updated PostGreSQL ODBC driver.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Brian Bray
  2. Tuesday, 26 June 2018 19:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the advice. I submitted a support ticket. I also found https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=162 which might possibly be the same issue with a different database

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 June 2018 20:23 PM UTC
Thanks Brian ... our support team will evaluate and advise engineering on this. Your ticket will be updated with their findings. Thank you so much for taking the time to create the ticket!

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.