1. René Ullrich
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Monday, 25 November 2019 12:00 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm just playing with the new RibbonBar control.

My first test: I use the xml template, create a new window, insert the ribbonbar control and add code for resize and load. Works fine.

But: The default height of the control seems not to be ok.

The original height was a little bit to small so some parts of the bar were truncated.

So I increased the height and now it was to big and I got a white stripe.

Changes of properties HideTabHeader or HidePanelText in IDE changes the height but it always looks not as expected.

So my question: Is the a way to calculate the correct height for the control to show the RibbonBar without truncation and without the white stripe?

I think there should be an automatic way or a function because bar height depends on settings in XML (e.g. Font and Font height). Also if I change properties HideTabHeader or HidePanelText at runtime the control height should be changed.

Regards,

René

Accepted Answer
Julie Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 08:32 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # Permalink

Hi Rene,

Yes... Our engineering team has realized that the RibbonBar height is not easy to adjust in the beta version. So in the coming GA version of 2019 R2, we will enhance the behavior: (1) There will be an AutoSizeHeight property for the RibbonBar control to control whether the RibbonBar control height will be automatically determined at design and run time; (2) There will be a new function GetBestHeight for calculating the best height of the control.

Best regards, Julie

Comment
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 09:19 AM UTC
Thank you!
  1. Helpful
  1. Michael Kramer
  2. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 17:56 PM UTC
Great!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.