1. René Ullrich
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Monday, 25 November 2019 08:30 AM UTC

Hi,

We have to show a webpage in our application that requires basic authentication.

How can I specify the basic authentication information for the request headers in the new WebBrowser control?

Regards,

René

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 November 2020 20:54 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

PB 2019 R3 supports both basic and digest authentication for the Chromium WebBrowser control as well as other enhancements: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/whats_new/WebBrowser_enhancements.html

Comment
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Friday, 20 November 2020 05:49 AM UTC
Hi Armeen,

I've seen the new enchancement in Beta. But I'm still missing a method to authenticate automatically (e.g. specify the credentials by script and not by login window).
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 20 November 2020 06:35 AM UTC
Please send as enhancement request to product@appeon.com. Thanks!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Balu Krishnasamy Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 27 March 2020 01:56 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

René Ullrich - Thank you for bringing this up. We are on the same boat as well. We send a Base 64 Encoded credential on the old MS web browser control and there is no way to do that in 2019 R2 yet.

Chris, really appreciate, if you have an update on this ticket.

Thanks guys! 

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 19 November 2020 21:06 PM UTC
Do you need more application control over this process?
  1. Helpful
  1. Balu Krishnasamy
  2. Thursday, 19 November 2020 21:22 PM UTC
Yes Sir. Thats how it used to work with the old control.

Ex. mswebbrowsercontrol.navigate(url, 0, '_self', data, headerparams) The headerparams will have the BASE64encoded creds and the browser navigates to the page directly(something like autologon). No login window gets displayed and the method has more control to this.

Also, fyi, If this new web browser control is based off of CEF libraries, then i am pretty sure CEF supports it as we have implemented an inhouse workaround to solve this issue by using a java wrapper (JCEF) and it doesnt display any login window for authentication. It will be nice to move away from that approach for us and starting using what Appeon has to offer natively.
  1. Helpful
  1. Deepthi Kollipara
  2. Thursday, 17 June 2021 09:45 AM UTC
@Balu Krishnasamy, Could you please brief your inhouse workaround using JCEF for passing header parameters with webbrowser control?
  1. Helpful
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 06:32 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 3

Hi Roland and Chris,

I created a support ticket.

Thank you!

René

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 20 November 2020 06:29 AM UTC
Hi Rene;

Correct. I see that the ticket's last action was "transferring to Engineering".

Can you do me a favour & update the ticket about R3 Beta not fixed or, create a new ticket for R3 beta & I'll link it back to the R2 ticket.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Friday, 20 November 2020 06:46 AM UTC
Hi Chris,

I added a comment in the ticket.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 20 November 2020 15:04 PM UTC
Hi René;

I saw your ticket update this AM and then added my $0.02 in the comments. HTH

Regards ,... Chris
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 November 2019 18:47 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 4

Hi René;

I do not believe that this is currently supported. Please create a PB2019 R2 beta Support Ticket outlining this deficiency so that Appeon Engineering can address this issue. You have a good point.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 17:13 PM UTC
Hi René;

I saw your ticket today and transferred it to Engineering. I do not believe that the R2 version of the control has this capability. However, it does not mean that the next January beta might not. Let's see how Engineering responds to your question as they know the upcoming features that are currently not in the R2 beta "preview" release.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Balu Krishnasamy
  2. Thursday, 2 April 2020 13:22 PM UTC
@Chris Pollach, Thank you for forwarding it to Engineering. Would you happen to know when this will be available?
  1. Helpful
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 November 2019 11:18 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 5

Since it is based on Chromium, it will be compatible with the Chrome browser.

For your specific question about headers, I'm not sure what that has to do with the upcoming browser control, that is something usually done when calling a web service via HTTPClient.

Comment
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Monday, 25 November 2019 11:24 AM UTC
Hi Roland,

if I try to call a webpage that requires basic authentication with the new webbrowser control I get back a 401 (Unauthorized) page because of missing basic authentication. (Microsoft Webbrowser control shows a dialog to enter the credentials is this case.)

I want to specify the credentials anyway programmatically so I can access the website using the new browser control.
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Monday, 25 November 2019 14:18 PM UTC
You should email the product manager product@appeon.com and explain the business case and how you think it should work.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.