1. Cesar Armando Garcia Liñan
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 11 December 2020 17:50 PM UTC

Hello. We are migrating a client/server desktop application from PB 17 to PB 19. Some of our OLEObject functionality appears to have broken, and I'm looking for some help.

Here is a snippet of the code in question:

String str_run

OleObject wsh

Integer li_rc

wsh = CREATE OleObject

li_rc = wsh.ConnectToNewObject( "WScript.Shell" )

IF li_rc < 0 THEN

messagebox("error","error de Conexión con PSPAD")

RETURN False

END IF

//result = myoleobject.ConnectToNewObject("excel.application")

str_run = GetCurrentDirectory()+'\pspad\PSPad.exe ' + str_file_name + ' -h'

wsh.RUN(str_run)

Sleep(1)

wsh.sendkeys("{INSERT}")

wsh.sendkeys("{DEL}")

wsh.sendkeys("{DEL}")

wsh.sendkeys("{DEL}")

wsh.sendkeys("^{S}")

wsh.sendkeys("^{F4}")

wsh.sendkeys("^{F4}")

wsh.DisconnectObject()

RETURN True 

In PB 17, everything works as expected. In PB 19, I get the following error:

Power Builder application execution error (R0035) Application terminated. Error: Error calling external object function run at linea 13 in function gf_quita_bom_file_hex of gf_quita_bom_file_hex (wsh.run(str_run))

Any thoughts? Thank

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 December 2020 19:31 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Cesar;

FWIW: My frameworks use the "WScript.Shell" implementation and are not having any issues in PB 2019 - even 2019 R3 beta. However, I do not use your way of sending commands to Excel via the MS-Windows "shell". Instead, I use a FindWindow() API call to get Exel's "handle" and then use the PB built-in SEND() command to send Excel the key commands as required.

However getting back to your implementation ....  have you tried running your posted code through the PB IDE's "Debugger" step-by-step to see where & how it breaks?

Tip: You might also get more information on the problem if the debugger route fails to expose the runtime issue by wrapping your code in a TRY..CATCH command block. Sometimes "Exception" thrown can often can contain more helpful information.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 December 2020 17:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Cesar,

Did you perform a full build and optimize of each library after migration? This helps quite often.

Regards,

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.