1. Michael Hartnett
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 10:12 AM UTC

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with PB 2019.

I recently attended the Elevate recap in Barcelona, where Marco Meoni gave a workshop on using the PB 2019 and SnapDevelop.  It was great to finally get to use the C# features, with the intention of progressing work on APIs in 2020 at our company.

On my installation of PB 2019 I am missing the context menu item to 'generate C# models' when I right click on a Datawindow in my library.  This is available on my colleagues similar PB 2019 installation.  I can still use the C# generator tool, from the menubar, but would also like to have the context menu item.

Does anyone know how I can enable it?

Thanks

Michael

Julie Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 28 November 2019 02:23 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Because there is a new feature Open PB Workspace added to SnapDevelop 2019 R2, we have moved the whole C# Model Generator feature to SnapDevelop for more integrated user experience.  C# Model Generator is no longer provided in the PowerBuilder IDE, neither from the system tree, nor in the toolbar.  Instead, you can find C# Model Generator in the SnapDevelop IDE through the following steps:

1. Right-mouse click the solution name in Solution Explorer, and select Open PB Workspace to open a PB workspace as read-only in SnapDevelop.

2. Right-mouse click a DataWindow/workspace/library, and select the Convert DataWindow to C# Model menu item.

Regarding the missing of menu items in Library Painter, yes we have received several requests on this.  And now our team is analyzing whether it is possible to add these items to Library Painter too.

Best regards, Julie

Comment
  1. Michael Hartnett
  2. Tuesday, 3 December 2019 15:19 PM UTC
Thanks Julie
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 10:21 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Michael,

If I see it right you have opened the Library painter. The menu item "generate C# models" is not available in this painter. I don't know why.

Open the "System Tree" (menu Window -> System tree) and try again.

HTH,

René

Comment
  1. Michael Hartnett
  2. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 10:29 AM UTC
Thanks René,

You are correct, I was trying in the Library Painter. I have always used the Library Painter as I find it far easier to work with.

Confirmed that it is available in my System Tree.

Perhaps someone from Appeon can explain why it is not available in the Library Painter.

Michael
  1. Helpful
  1. Michael Kramer
  2. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 12:41 PM UTC
Native git integration not available in Library Painter. It seems to me several new features are implemented only via the System Tree.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.