1. Richard Shakour
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 21 November 2017 14:31 PM UTC

The 2017 IDE is exhibiting a strange behavior.   When I place a button, say, on a window and then select it it works fine and places focus on the Command Button.

But, when I click on another area of the Window it does not unselect the button.  In PB12.6 it unselects it.  When I right click on the window with the Command Button still selected it allows me to edit Script it goes to the Command Button scripts and events.

Is this intended new behavior in PB 2017?

1. Create a new Window.

2. Place a command button on it.

3. Select the Comand button with the mouse.  It will get focus.

4. Click on any other area on the Window and notice that the button is still selected.

This only occurs when the Visible box on the Window Properties is unchecked.  I also noticed that you cannot drag and select with the mouse either.  It does not work once you uncheck Visible property on the Window

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 November 2017 14:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Richard;

FWIW: I am using PB 2017 Universal build 1681 on MS-Windows 10 creator edition and I can not replicate your issue. Clicking anywhere else on the window surface in the Window Painter un-selects the CB's focus.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Richard Shakour
  2. Tuesday, 21 November 2017 14:40 PM UTC
Uncheck the 'Visible' property for the Window and you will see it then.  I just noticed it only happens with the Visible attribute unchecked.  I also noticed that you cannot drag and select with the mouse either.  It does not work once you uncheck Visible on the Window.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 06:46 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I can reproduce it. If you activate "Show Invisibles" from "Design" Menu it will work correct.

I think you should report the bug.

Comment
  1. Richard Shakour
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 14:12 PM UTC
I reported it as a bug.

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:28 PM UTC
Hi René;

FWIW: That is the normal behaviour in the PB IDE and why PowerSoft (yes, you read that name correct) added the "Show Invisibles" way back when. When that option is checked the invisible objects (ie: CB's) are now visible and select / unselectable. That is the way its worked since PB 2.0.

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.