1. Daniel Maak
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 19 December 2018 11:42 AM UTC

Hallo Appeon Team,

we want to switch from MSSCCI Provider to native GIT interface and we want use the Powerbuilder compile on our CI Server. The migration to GIT works fine and on the source code level we could use this feature, but for our CI Pipeline we running in problems during the pbl refresh with orcasrc170.

I follow the accepted answer from Tim Jiang here https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/does-orcascr170-exe-runs-without-pbg-in-2017r3 and the orcasrc170 failed, because of duplicated objects.

In our project we have duplicated object names over different pbls/targets like this:

x.pbw

./app/a.pbl

./app/b.pbl

./app/a.pbt

./app/b.pbt

./ws_object/a.pbl.src/foo.srw

./ws_object/b.pbl.src/foo.srw

And in this case the orcasrc170 created an .pbg file for each pbl in the ./app folder with the item name foo.srw but it imported the wrong one. It trys to import ./ws_object/b.pbl.src/foo.srw into ./app/a.pbl

If I delete the ./ws_object/b.pbl.src/foo.srw then it works fine.

Any help or suggestions for a workaround???

Accepted Answer
Daniel Maak Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 19 December 2018 13:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi again,

after a day of testing I understand orcasrc170 and I found a solution for my problem.

orcascr170 copies all the *.sr* files on the same directoy level where the pbl is located, so if all pbl's are in the same directory then all object from the ws_objects/*.pbl.src folders are copied to the same directory and item with the same name are simply overwritten. 

So the solution is put each pbl in a subdirectory!

Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.