1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 29 May 2018 20:38 PM UTC

Hello PB Experts,

In PowerBuilder 12.5 version, we used to use TortoiseSVN to manage the repository. Now in PB2017 we are going with Git repository. The new PB2017 proivedes new PBC Autocompiler feature which is PBC170.Exe to build the EXE. Since PBC170.Exe does not provide feature to get latest changes in the PBLs files we are planning to try with ORCA script to get latest files and build the EXE. My question is

Can we use the ORCA script to get the latest version and build the EXE what we used to do in PowerBuilder 12.5 version. The only difference here is now we are using Git repository to manage the repository.

When we are trying to use SCC Get Connect Properties we are getting some error like "Orca Error in 'scc get connect properites'. Result Code -23. Unable to read SCC Connect Properties for

Do we have any tutorial on use of Orca Script for PB2017 with Git Repository?

If Orca Script has any issue with Git repository connection then we will try to use Git commands like Git Init, Git Pull etc to manage the latest code during EXE Build.

Your guidance is much appreciated. Waiting for quick response. If any one has any Oraca code to connect with Git repository with example, please share.

Regards,

Vipin

Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 May 2018 21:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Vipin,

We have an online document for ORCA Guide. You may find all documentation about ORCA in it.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Comment
  1. Govinda Lopez @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 31 May 2018 17:03 PM UTC
Hi Vipin,

Have you tried HKLM\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider ?

Regards,

1. Helpful
  1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. Thursday, 31 May 2018 18:20 PM UTC
I don't' find such path in registry. 

1. Helpful
  1. Patrice Chevalier
  2. Tuesday, 12 June 2018 13:11 PM UTC
Hi,

I have the same problem as Vipin Dwivedi with Orcascript. I try to manualy add the key "SourceCodeControlProvider" in registry but no good result.

Is Orcascript need to be improve for Git ? is a fix exist ?

Thanks in advance for your response

Regards

Patrice

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.