1. Daniel Vivier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 17 August 2017 16:10 PM UTC

I'm not finding an entry for MySQL in the ODB170.INI file, so retrieval of identity keys isn't working. I found the following on the web somewhere:

[MySQL]
PBSyntax='MySQL_SYNTAX'
PBNoCatalog='YES'
PBTableOwner='NO'
DelimitIdentifier='NO'

[MySQL_SYNTAX]
;GetIdentity='SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()'
GetIdentity='Select @@identity'

(I actually added the 2nd through 4th lines in the [MySQL] section.) I think either version for GetIdentity in [MySQL_SYNTAX] will work.

Is there anything else I should add there? What I have so far definitely solves the retrieval of identity keys problem.

Thanks.

Daniel Vivier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 17 August 2017 19:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I'm observing a problem with the minimal ODBC170.INI section I added for MySQL (or perhaps the problem is with something else).

In the database painter, if I connect to a MySQL datasource, open Tables, and then try to open one of the tables to see its columns, I get a messagebox saying "Table foo has no columns; possible invalid table format".

I tried adding a few lines into the [MySQL_SYNTAX] section that were present in another of my sections for another DB (where I can see a table's columns fine), as follows, in case they were relevant:

CreateTable='CREATE TABLE &TableName (::ColumnElement[::ColumnElement]...)'
ColumnElement='&ColumnName &DataType'
DropTable='DROP TABLE &TableName'

But that didn't make any difference. (Yes, I exited and restarted PB 2017 so it would see the change.)

Any bright ideas?

Comment
  1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. Friday, 18 August 2017 07:13 AM UTC
Hi Dan,

I think that the problem lies elsewhere. I am using MySQL 5.7 with the 32 bit ODBC connector 5.3 and have no problem. I also do not have any MySQL section in the PBODB170.INI.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.