1. John Niespodzianski
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 20 July 2017 18:56 PM UTC

First, it's awesome to see all of the activity in the forums -- exciting to see PB having a renaissance!

Now, for my question:

A desktop app I currently support uses Windows authentication for the app and database login - it grabs the current Windows domain/machine and user info and passes it through.

When deploying a test mobile app, it became clear this won't work when dealing with a deployed PowerServer mobile environment.

Ideally, we'd like to avoid having the user enter their credentials every time they launch the app (we're using role-based security, etc).  Is there an easy way to manage/persist the user identity from device to device, session to session?  Or another strategy I should pursue?

Thanks!

John

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 21 July 2017 00:21 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi John;

What about using the device's name via the of_getname() method or the device's ID via the of_getdeviceid () method? Then relate that back to an MS-Windows user ID for Windows Authentication.

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  1. John Niespodzianski
  2. Friday, 21 July 2017 03:20 AM UTC
Thanks Chris - I'll give this a shot!

John

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.