1. Daniel Vivier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 10 July 2017 14:42 PM UTC

We used to have to deploy those two files with our apps, but there are no such file distributed with PB2017. Is that OK, i.e. are they no longer needed?

I do note that I can't find a reference to either one in the PB12.5 Help, but they are definitely found with the other DLLs in PB12.5 and obviously someone sometime told us to include them.

Thanks.

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 10 July 2017 15:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

The file libjlog.dll was new in PB 10 but then went away in PB 10.5.

I have only PB 10.5 at work. It has a dependency on libjcc.dll and libjutils.dll.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 10 July 2017 15:32 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Dan;

Unless your call MS-Window's API functions in GDIPlus.dll you should not need to distribute it with your PB Apps. This could have been a left-over from the days when Microsoft did not have this DLL baked in the O/S. Normally  these days, this DLL is located somewhere in your "C:\Windows\WinSxS" folder.

As for the libjlog.dll - I could be wrong - but, that sounds to me like the old interface for the log4J utility.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.