Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have read a lot of posts regarding getting WinSCP working in PB but nothing about how someone was able to do it (Sue Brown did say she got it working but didn't post how).  We are needing SFTP to do file transfers and this product seems to be the w...
I am looking to deploy our application on 2022 R3 but we still have many customers running Windows 2012 R2.  The help has a statement “No longer supports installing runtime to Windows Server 2012 R2”.  It is also flagged as 'Discontinued' which means...
Hello all,   We are using Powerbuilder 2019 with SqlServer 2016 and we noticed that when connect to the database the application is always starting a new transaction (without any insert/delete or update) if we execute the following select: select...
Team, we are in PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1900, Windows Server 2019 in some particular cases, we have a system error, while trying to print some PB reports from our PB application. Event viewer logs are attached.  ...
Sql Server 2019  PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2728 I'm using ODBC connection  I have a datastore, I change data and then do an update lds_post_dates.setitem(i, "column_name", ll_value)ll_rv = lds_post_dates.update()   The base table for the datas...
Hello, in my application I am connecting to the database using the connection string that is defined in a Registry key, this is my code and as I show you in the attached images, you can see that when I debug my code I am receiving my transaction all...
Hi All. Appeon PB 2019 R2 I am trying to change datawindow button control ( b_1 ) background to red in the datawindow ( dw_1 )  in the window ( w_test ) using theme-customs.json {"meta-info": {"version": "190"},"w_test.dw_1.b_1": {"drawing": true,...
hello everyone here in my powerbuilder 19 project, it's about article management. so when i insert a new article it works fine and when I update an article it works fine also but when I insert another article (after the update), i get the sqlstate e...
in my powerbuilder 19 project, i have a DB called "gest_article" and a column "reference" set as a primary key and unique value, and a data window called "dwc_article" is a freeform to insert an article. i wanna get a message box for duplicated refe...
Hi Team,     We've been asked to generate a Software Bill of Materials regarding our PowerBuilder based application. Any option there to generate this information from PowerBuilder. Is there any tools to generate this information? We are currentl...
When I try to publish it sends permissions error, how can I fix it? Please launch SnapDevelop under administrator mode to perform this deployment action The login user I am using is the administrator of the computer. GreetingsRenaul  ...
  HI,if I try to debug my service, Web Api Tester starts but closes immediately. The Snap Developer version is old but has always worked. Here is the console output: Web API Tester->The test service has started and is listening on port 65533.Hos...
I'm getting ready to upgrade my work laptop.  Where in the registry are the custom color settings in PB stored? (registry way too big to search manually) Thanks Matt...
If App_user is created to connect to SQL Anywhere that is other than DBA, granted Select on the tables, how can the table owner default to DBA without explicitly using DBA.my_table? We don't want to use the DBA account for the application.I've tried ...
Hi, I'm trying to connect PB to GitLab repository, but failing with error "Cannot connect to the repository. Please make sure you have specified the correct user ID and password".Which I think as I can log into GitLab using a browser using those cre...
My Application have multiple .net DLLs which is built using .net 2 and 4. While launching the powerserver application it is throwing error on client's PC when .net runtime is not available. Is there a way to check the .net runtime and install on cli...
Upgrading a PB 12.5  app to PB 2022R3. Uses ADO.NET to connect to SQL Server. App crashes during connection process (i.e., after credentials are entered and Login button is clicked) on a Windows 11 machine. Faulting application name: xxx.exe, versio...
Hi I'm trying SMtpClient in Powerbuilder 2022 R2. There are many new features to use like encodig,logfile,setproxy and xoauth2AccessToken. it's working amazing!! But just to try to maintain the above functionality, is there a way to get opened ema...
Hi I am converting the old 'web service proxy' calls to the new 'httpclient'.I'm running the directions in 'https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/call-soap-web-service-using-httpclient-object.html', but it doesn't work. (performed...
Hi Is there a way how to force a different button color from code if a theme is applied?   The only working method I've found is to disable theme for the button with "drawing":false But what I want is to use the theme and only override it progra...

There are no discussions available here currently