Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Getting Error 12031 and some time Error 12002 while deploying.  Powerserver is installed on windows 2016 and license has been activated successfully.  PowerServer connection was also successful during configuration. I searched appeon help, could not...
Hi Appeon:    My colleague PowerBuilder crash when he try to open the datawindow in the PowerBuilder IDE, it normally take 3-5 mins after open the datawindow with no response, then the whole powerbuilder crashed, we found the error log in the w...
Hi. I'm testing PB2018. At this moment I'm experimenting with the new ui themes. I was looking at the content of the theme.json file. I've noticed that most (if not all) base visual objects are in there. I was wondering if there is any way to extend...
Hello everyone, I am running into a General Application crash when running a 64Bit build.  I am trying the Native Oracle driver against an Oracle client 18.  I can run the application through the debugger without issue, it's just the exe crashes wh...
Hello everybody, My question is for ISVs who have current products based on PB.  What are your plans moving forward? Are you planning to investigate PB2018 (or, I should say, PB2019) to leverage your existing code in C#? Are you going to continue ...
We are connecting to Sybase using SYC driver. I am trying to increase Though the @@textsize on the database is set to 131072 and SQLCA.DBParm = "DBTextLimit='65536'" in databaseprofile, the text column is still truncating to 32768 when datawindow is...
How to create a XML template for datawindow with conditional child element? I am trying to integrate PBUnit with an integration tool and I need failure element to appear in result only when test failed. Please advise. Thanks,Yuri      ...
Hi All,   we have application which is developed in PB11.5 and recently we migrated it to PB2017. Please advise, where can I download all required DLL's to run this application in windows 10 environment. Thank you....
Hello. Does powerbuilder support operator overloading? Is it a feature that might be coming in the near future (for example in powerbuilder 2018)? I have searched around and saw some older threads saying it doesn't but i wanted to make sure. Thanks...
Hello All, when i set the exit mode to close tab all the tabs and all the instance of the same browser are close  if i select redirect to blanck in chrome the browser become stuck and can not access it PowerServer 2017    ...
I downloaded the Beta installer. If I choose 'Download an Install' I get an error message: An unhandled exception just occurred:Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String If I choose 'Download' it works but it wasn't obvious where it put the fil...
Hello, Will the mobile apps, developed with Universal edition of PB, can enjoy the features of C# Web API calls ?  Can CRUD operations be performed from Mobile Apps developed using PB 2018 ?  If yes, will they need PowerServer or not ? Happiness Al...
Is there a best practice approach towards full or partial migration of PB desktop apps to C#?   I am using PB 12.5.2 but I am planning to upgrade to PB 2019 soon....
Does PowerBuilder 2017 support Two Factor SMS Authentication options?...
The help for the new ApplyTheme function says that you need to deploy the theme180 folder. This is not mentioned by the 'PowerBuilder runtime files' topic. So my question is, does the theme180 folder need to be deployed with applications if the them...
Hello,  We are working on a web migration project with PowerBuilder 2017 R3. Our monitors are 27 inches and we can use half of our monitor to work with our application but when we open another response window, it opens it in the upper left part of o...
I just had to move PB to a new Computer after the hard drive crashed and am not getting an error message when starting PB which then shuts down PB. I have already looked at the past article that states that this is caused by the pb.ini in the User s...
I have license PB Universal and i try generate key for offline activation, but see error. You dont have mutliple license.How to activate PB 2019 beta with offline license ?!  ...
We use the built-in Filter window to allow users of our software to filter reports. We have run into a problem where occasionally users somehow get curly quotes (like “this”) into filter expressions and then of course they don't work. One way that c...
I am Encrypting the existing PHI data using SQL Server Symmetric Key and later I want to Decrypt the data in PowerBuilder using SymmetricDecrypt function.  Is this Possible in PowerBuilder 2017 R3?...

There are no discussions available here currently