Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
if i commit my target, powerbuilder also tres to commit the the .pbd files and creates folder for them.That takes a long time and is unecunecessary . Even if the file is not in any repository. Is there a way to prevent powerbuilder from doing that?...
Hi, My project is using PowerBuilder 12.5 version and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team explorer TFS as a version control for PowerBuilder source code.   We are migrating from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019 and will purchase 4 licenses for...
  Hello , I have one datawindow with 10th columns (field1, field2,……… , field10). Tab order is already set in datawindow from 10 to 100. Requirement:  If focus is on field10 and user pressed on tab then tab should be set as below condition. If ...
Hi, experts, I want to connect to SAP S/4 HANA using Powerbuilder, How to implement this without SAP GUI client installation?  ...
Just trying to find out what software people are using to interact with a Sybase Database (ASE 16). We are using Infomaker (12.5, 2017) and DBeaver, unfortunately they do not list user functions.  Not sure what others are using but if you have a few...
Hi all,   When i try to use the PB web service assembly to replace EA server, i find there is an issue when using the Any type in PB. When depoly the PB code as dll, the PBNumber coulnd not convert to PBAny type in the dll. How to solve that? Or th...
Hey folks, I'm getting a bunch of warnings during migration - all are the same, referencing various objects in different PBLs. Example (Just 1 of 14 generated):PFCAPSRV.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwcache).23: Warning     C0190: Instance variables of local struc...
Good afternoon I am using the PowerBuilder 2017 R3, and in one of the datawindos, I have a column that is richtext, therefore, I use the richtext edit style The problem originates when I want to print the information of the Dw The column with the ...
Hello,I have to encrypt password in BCrypt, in the form "$2a$11$...".Do you know the method?I used the Topwiz app (http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_bcrypt.html), but I can not do it.Best regards,...
is blob with encoding supported in powerserver? It sounds like it is NOT from the help in powerserver?  Is the encoding that is used by powerserver the same as the default that powerbuilder uses? These are the encoding values as per powerbuilder:  ...
I'm using Powerbuilder 2017 R2. I have set up Git and was able to successfully Connect To Workspace. Everything looks good in the GUI, I'm able to see the objects that I have changed. I was then able to successfully do a Git Commit. The final thing ...
Hello, I am using PB 2017 R3 Build 1880. The FileDelete function is working fine in my machine whenever my application run on other machine then it is not getting deleted. I assume this function is returning (FALSE or NULL). That might the file ac...
Hi I started to use Powerbuilder 2019 but unfortunately I did not select release licencen when closing. How can I enable this setting ? I cannot find it in system settings and Powerbuilder 2017 cannot be started because of licence locking. Gunnar G...
Hello, I just intalled the PowerBuilder 2017 R3 IDE 1858 on my computer (W7). I have a valid online license. When I launch the IDE, I have to log in: I type de mail address and password, then Log In. PowerBuilder crashes. Do you have any idea ? T...
Hello All, i am using the eon_mobile_mapex object Following the tutorial from Marco Meoni (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nalRw9U7UQ) i manage to use the Anotations and locations. my question is if i can get the location of a site selected by h...
Hello, PB 2017 R3, Postgresql 11.1 Need to print a label report in a Datamax barcode printer.   Different label sizes are possible.   Tried with For 3 labels in a row, single label size 3 x 2 cm 1.  Created one label dw, retrieved required data. ...
This has been an issue since PB 11.5 when we included an OCX into our application.  It was there in version 12.6 and still an issue in 2017. We have added a custom calendar OCX to our application.  To add this, I did an INSERT-> CONTROL -> OLE From...
Good morning. We have a couple of app running without any issues. The Only issue I am having is the following: One of my user recently change his I-phone (8) with IOs 12.1.4 and he had to reinstall Appeon WorkSpace. We installed the app and now he ...
In selecting Fonts, the "Text" Font can have a specified color; indexed to the Windows settings.  But it looks like the Column, Header and Label Fonts can only be black on a white background. Is that correct and, if so, is there an explanation? Tha...
Hello, PB 2017 R3, build 1880, Posgresql 11.1 Calling a function from itemchanged event, which retrieves value from db through a query,  Select a.nameInto   :ls_nameFrom  table_aWhere field1 = :ls_where; Messagebox('return1', sqlca.sqlcode)Messag...

There are no discussions available here currently