Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I'm in the process of migrating several applications from PB 10.5 to 2017. Migration is complete, and I am building test builds.  I've started getting a message during build: A Full build is required to be compatible with the source cod...
I'd like to upload some sample code somewhere. I hope it may be useful for others. Anyone have any ideas on the best place to upload code, and where to announce it? Is Appeon likely to provide such a feature one day? Thanks! ...
Recently our database server was upgraded and although PowerBuilder runs fine, when I click design, data source for a datawindow I get the following error. "Table "csd_currentenrollmentcount" has no columns; possible invalid table format. Please ...
Hi, I have migrated an application from PB12.5 to PB2017. I built the 64 bit exe and during testing it is crashing with no identified pattern. We are using same development machine to test the 64 bit exe so the need of PBVM was out of question. Bu...
Hello, I have a small PB .NET application which is failing randomly with the following error logged in the Event Viewer of the Server. Can anyone help me analyze what could have caused this?  I have logs writing from the application at the very...
We have a webservice (Developed in C#) for Authorize.net. From the Powerbuilder we are generating Web Service Proxy Objects. Everything seems to have worked till now since Authorize.net was using TLS 1.0. After the authorize.net Upgraded to TLS 1.2 ,...
As I understand it, none of the traditional PB methods of catching and handling OLEObject errors are available in Appeon Web, like try/catch blocks, the ExternalException event, and the SystemError event. I understand that Appeon Web does its own ...
What static code analysis tools will PowerBuilder work with?  My company currently uses SonarQube. ...
Hi PowerSphere , How can I add Cookie information ( like session id etc ) when using the Datawindow Web Service object ? TIA Georgios   ...
Hi, I use sharedregister and sharedobjectget methods in my application to make it mutithreaded. It works great in pb version 11 and 12 but no longer works in 2017. I extensively use this feature. SharedobjectGet method has been set to obsolete in ...
It would be very helpful if Datawindow computed fields supported the UseEllipsis property - in particular, to warn that a too-large computed value is truncated.  I notice this was asked for back in the old Sybase news group.  Does anyone have a wo...
Hi PowerSphere, I need to access RAW DATA ( cookies ) in my pb nvo web service (running on IIS). Any ideas on how to do this ? Regards Georgios Ps- Chris, I tried to mail you but i keep getting the mail rejected ...
​I want to open the window with opensheet(). And I used the pfc_n_cst_resize.of_SetOrigSize() in base. The window not fill screen when I running the project. How should I improve or pay attention? * Original! change to La...
Hello,   I have problem with national characters accessed by right alt + z in RichTextEdit control (RTE). In PB version 17 this combination always triggers Undo event fo RTE (the same as Ctrl+z). I'm not able to catch Key event for this com...
I'm using PowerBuilder 12.6. This problem just started happening today. I've not encountered it before (actually EVER). When I click on my database from the Database Painter then right click on the one to which I want to connect and choose...
I wonder whether someone from Appeon can clarify whether Appeon staff regularly read posts on this forum and answer them as appropriate, or if the intent of the forum is primarily for peer support from users. I notice that there are a lot of recen...
hi all   I am trying to connect to Ms sql database with ADO.net driver ( the  app is  pb 2017 version , on  windows 10 , 64 bit .) I did put all the needed dll files with the exe file directory ( and  i tried with installing the msi file cre...
Hi PowerSphere, I need to access cookies in my web service (running on IIS). I'm using Chris Pollachs STD WS framework - but I guess if there is a standard way to access this I could cope with that :) Regards Georgios   ...
I'm trying to use the WindowDockState = windowdockstatefloating! property, but it doesn't seem to work.  I understand it is supposed to let the user drag a MDI sheet window outside the MDI frame?  I have tried to change the window property, a...
We are using IBM Rational Team Concert for source control and would like some ideas on how to setup in PowerBuilder 2017. ...

There are no discussions available here currently