Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
My PowerBuilder 2019 workspace is using git as source control system. I just deleted a datawindow object inside a pbl with right click on object -> delete. If I open a cmd on the folder I can see the object is deleted, but the delete is not commite...
How do I update a blob in an Oracle table column dynamically? I know about UPDATEBLOB in PowerBuilder imbedded statements, like    UPDATEBLOB “tablename” set “blob_column_name” = :lblob; This script uses SQLSA because the column name is known only...
Hello All, I am following this links:https://www.appeon.com/pricing/appeon-powerserver-pricing.html https://www.appeon.com/appeon-enterprise-account-program.html   I have a customer who have :1  PB Universal Licence 3 PB Standard I am helping t...
Hello All Any plans to support the new PB2017 CrypterObject on PowerServer?...
We are using PB2017R2, running against an Oracle database. We have a local external procedure call that uses array parameters, both in and out. We began testing Oracle 18c recently, and post-upgrade we found that this procedure started failing with a...
Hi.   We have a function in our application which takes any datawindow, finds all visible columns and copies them to another datawindow for export til Excel using dw_excel.saveas(). This is done because we only want to export the visible columns t...
Created a custom ole control as Microsoft Web Browser, how do you disable the right mouse menu.  I don't want any menus to popup in the ole?   PB2017 r3, Powerserver 2017, win10 Dave V....
Hello, I have a question, how can I do code debugging for mobile applications? I've seen that on the web if you can. Regards!...
I'm trying to create a library to reference some Powerscript from within a C# application. I'm able to successfully compile within PowerBuilder, but when I try to deploy this target and create a dll, I get the following error.   [LIBRARY_NAME]_[NON...
Hi, Trying to create a simple ASP.Net Core Web API following the steps Bruce laid out in his Demo.  However, after creating the Sample Web API, nearly all of the using directives are invalid.   Example, editing SampleControler.cs, System, Microsoft...
Hi I am trying to insert some data to my database and I am getting a right truncation error - so i turned of the error checking for the erros . The data has many international characters in it. I now get a primary key exists because the data is tru...
Hi All, We have numerous SQL Server Data Sources defined in our Appeon Powerserver AEM, to connect to various SQL Server Database. In our Mobile App, we use the Cachename to connect our SQLCA object to the DB. We now have a requirement to display ...
We deploy WebServices to IIS via PowerBuilder. This is a migration project (EA Server (PB 12.5) => IIS (PB2017 R2 Build 1769). In the application framework the usage of assigning the row data to a nonvisual object is quite often used. During the mi...
Hi Bruce! Pls help I need the SHA512 hash value of the password. Example password = '12AA34ox1742'. Any online hash generator return: 8F7780D9A703C5D989417BEC4C0FBC5371A7BD2F0765205BC6395DCF7D596FD51DE0F404AA65CE60F05FAFE014B6BB2C72A4FE1E1F4EB52E5...
Hi, I am in the process of trying to switch from using PushOK to native PB GIT in 2017 R3 but am having Team City build issues due to Bug 2478 - Powerbuilder writes "UTF - 8" encoding to Git commits. I find that once I have any commit in my branch ...
Hello, good day, when trying to upload an apk to the android store, this marks the following warning: Warnings. Currently, the target API level of your application is 26 and must be at least 28 to ensure that it complies with the latest API that of...
We are uploading a package to Android and we mark the tool that needs a minimum Android API in 28 (Android 9.0) and we currently have an Android API 26, when we will have a solution to this problem ??? Regards! ...
I was looking at the new ExtractorObject in PB 2019. I found a use for it extracting a string from a blob that was GZip encoded by another non-PB program. The problem is that I want to do the same in PB 2017. I looked at the Windows Compression API...
Hi Appeon, have you published the arguments for the diff viewer, yet? I can't find them. The only thing I found where screenshots in Bruce Armstrongs tutorial SVN Enhancements in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 ( "https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articl...
Good day!   We have Powerserver, and for all users in the client part it works closely fine. But there is a single one that when he connects to the application, it ask him for installing the multi-browser plug-in in  about one of three times he try...

There are no discussions available here currently