Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Our present deployment has a modular approach where each module is deployed as an exe.   The deployments presently are built in PowerBuilder 12.5. Each of these modules\exes have their respective PBDs residing in the same folder in a citrix environme...
Hi,   We deployed to web recently. We have been facing the following issue frequently.   ---------------------------BFMS---------------------------Errors occurred in the Appeon communication layer.Possible causes: 1. The network is unstable or di...
Hi Guys, I am trying to save the datawindow report as excel file, so that I am using the below syntax. Excel file is saved successfully buy I am unable to open it. It showing "file format or file extension  is not valid" error. suggestions please. ...
Hello, my app starts a VBA subroutine (word mailmerge) using the oleServer.run method. Under certain circumstances a runtime error is thrown, the oleError structure containing amongst others the following properties: Helpfile: wdmain11.chm Helpco...
There's anyway to change the window frame for all the windows of my aplication?   As I can see on the theme folder, it have a few visual items to change window borders and window title bar buttons, but I can't find the way to apply this on the appl...
Hi, I'm creating a PBNI using the SDK and C. I would like to know how I can create a multi dimensional pbarray and set it's values. I have a single dimension array working fine but can't figure out what to create a 2 dimensional pbarray. pbarray sg...
  I am using the Runtime Packager to install an application on a machine that does not have PowerBuilder installed. It doesn’t complain during the instll but hen I run the app it says that it can’t find pbvm19.dll. Can anybody help?...
I need to install PowerBuilder 2017 on a computer that has a network connection, but the internet connection is blocked (and cannot be unblocked). Is there a way to achieve this?  ...
Hi Is there a way possibly using the datawindow Modify function that I can change the WSDL URL that i use as the basis for a web service datawindow. I am developing an application off site where I have a WSDL file on one of our local servers here. W...
Hi! I use .NET webservices in PB 2017 R3 1880. How to use the datetime parameters? How to set output string format of datetime to parse in server (Glassfish)?   Regards, Géza  ...
Hi   does anyone have any examples to share of using the datawindow richtext ?   ty   Gimmy...
We have a datawindow that takes on a ton of Modify statements depending on how much data is in a certain record. We fixed the code so that data doesn't straddle pages in print preview, but when we send it to the printer or to a PDF, there is a bit of...
When our current PowerBuilder app is migrated to the web using PowerServer, is it possible to make code changes directly to the web assembly code or do all modifications have to go through PB 2019 Enterprise? For instance, if I have existing web API ...
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my environment to PB 2019 from PB 10.5 and i have to migrate some third party product that is currently integrated into the applications. The new environment will use SOAP calls a few functions. Currently I can use 2 web ...
Hi Team,   We deployed our application to web recently and we are facing the following error when we try to run the application through web. We were able to connect to the database while configuring the profile. ---------------------------Error---...
Good morning,When running PB17 R3 within Appeon, all messagebox and/or popup windows display correctly (Windows 10). When running the executable within a VDI environment, we don't see the full outline of the box. The bottom right corner is invisible....
Hello, I have a problem with a column in a datawindow. The column is a string column and is supposed to contain a subject of a text. If I type a long text without spaces in the column (like a filepath) and the column does not have focus part of the ...
  Hi,  I'm using Powerserver Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 2151.00 Powerbuilder Universal Edition. Version 2019 Build 2082   We have performance problems with some PC Users when executing a Web PB App.   I mean, in my  PC and other 4-5 Users I...
Hi, I am using a web service to retrieve a picture from cloud. The picture is stored in a blob. I can show the picture using the picture object. Now i need to the following three tasks 1. Save the picture 2. Email the Picture. I am not sure how ...
Hello, I have migrated my application to PB 2019 to improve Usability since “Themes” can be applied and it looks great.   However, the Theme defined for the CommandButton control applies to the "Call to Action" button and the "Cancel" button. Thi...

There are no discussions available here currently