Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I am getting error like Appeon power builder 2019 has stopped working message with close program button.   Scenario: I have defined event with pbm_lbuttonup event id in user oject and that user object placed in window. while running the applicatio...
HI,   since yesterday we're trying to use github for versionning control with our PB 2017 R3 application.   github account are not entreprise accounts but we're planning on going there once things go smouthly We enever used git before, knowledge...
Dear Appeon Community, I need information, restrictions, limitations that we should consider regarding an application developed in Powerbuilder 2017 can connect to databases in the cloud (SQL as a Service). This application will be hosted on Windows...
We are moving from 12.5 to 2019 in the next couple months and we are doing some testing. One of the testers is reporting that InfoMaker prompting for migration is inconsistent. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. My understanding of PowerBu...
hello all   I am using the httpclient object to consume a soap ws . the vendor told me I need to apply a user name before I calling the ws. How do I do that ? using the SetRequestHeader function ? something like SetReqesutHeader( "user name", "m...
Hi , Friends Now that PowerBuilder can consume api rest; Some example of consumption of an API for sending mass emails; ow that PowerBuilder can consume api rest; Some example of consumption of an API for sending mass emails;  ...
We need a small function to make the data window printing size dynamic ...
I am currently using an old PowerBuilder version from 2011. In that version it seems to be impossible to disable certain elements in the pop menu from the rich text edit window. For example, I would like the user to be able to format text as bold, b...
We have a powerbuilder application where we use forms which display text fields which have autosize height. These fields are stacked on the form vertically one above the other. An average sized height is provided in the form, but if more text or da...
Hello All, can i install the runtime of PB2017 for a WebService in a server where PB12.6 Runtime (WebService) is installed?or it can cause a problem cause they have the same DLLs Name?I need to create a new web service and put in produccion in the s...
I wasn't able to comment on the bug, so I figured I'd ask here. Are there any updates to this Native PDF issue?  In the ticket it says it may be targeted for 2019 R2 or R3, but that's the last info posted there.It's causing us a lot of grief as we m...
Hello All, We need to print a legar contract using our PB 2017 / PowerServer application in order to have the formar required in client server we use the Justify Aligment in columns and text and it is not supported in PowerServer Any workaround?...
Is it possible to print 2 A5 sized reports on 1 A4 Size page? If yes then how? To better understand my concern I'd like to give the example of Microsoft office landscape where 2 A5 sized pages are printed in a single A4  sheet...
After converting my application from PowerBuilder 9 to PowerBuilder 17 all of a sudden certain comments are appearing in Chinese.  I have used SELECTBLOB to fetch the data and converted it to string.  The column "comnt" is declared as a BLOB in O...
Hello With PB 2019 and a RestClient object, I use the SendPostRequest function with -15 return (Unsupported character set). No problem wtih the SendGetRequest function witch use the same token acces. I had follow the PB example :  RestClient_Yvid...
Hello everyone, we are currently in the process of evaluating, if patching is a viable way of updating our product (PowerBuilder application). Recently I found a way to create and apply patches using the "diffUtils" and "patch" tool from the "GnuWi...
Hi!   I would like to print a datawindow. The result is multiple pages, and I can set page range. dw.Object.DataWindow.Print.Page.Range = "2-3" but, if the datawindow is composite with inner reports then the page range property doesn't work. No p...
Hi Everyone, I've got a question about how people are creating complex JSON for real world applications.  I'm updating an application to use a third party's REST API and some of the API calls require reasonably complex JSON to be sent. The JSON may ...
Hi everybody, I'm manipulating and printing MS-Word-Documents via OLE-connection. 1. opening a document 2. replacing bookmarks 3. printing and closing the document 4. open the next document ...   The print statement is        iole_word.activ...
Hello, We have recently upgraded our system to PB2017 from PB12.5 and noticed an issues when working with VSS source control. There is an issue in exporting and importing of DW with UTF data hard coded in it. When working with VSS, "SUB" character ...

There are no discussions available here currently