Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi Team,   We deployed our application to web recently and we are facing the following error when we try to run the application through web. We were able to connect to the database while configuring the profile. ---------------------------Error---...
Good morning,When running PB17 R3 within Appeon, all messagebox and/or popup windows display correctly (Windows 10). When running the executable within a VDI environment, we don't see the full outline of the box. The bottom right corner is invisible....
Hello, I have a problem with a column in a datawindow. The column is a string column and is supposed to contain a subject of a text. If I type a long text without spaces in the column (like a filepath) and the column does not have focus part of the ...
  Hi,  I'm using Powerserver Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 2151.00 Powerbuilder Universal Edition. Version 2019 Build 2082   We have performance problems with some PC Users when executing a Web PB App.   I mean, in my  PC and other 4-5 Users I...
Hi, I am using a web service to retrieve a picture from cloud. The picture is stored in a blob. I can show the picture using the picture object. Now i need to the following three tasks 1. Save the picture 2. Email the Picture. I am not sure how ...
Hello, I have migrated my application to PB 2019 to improve Usability since “Themes” can be applied and it looks great.   However, the Theme defined for the CommandButton control applies to the "Call to Action" button and the "Cancel" button. Thi...
Hi, how is the ribbonbar control initialised using PowerScript? In the documentation/How to guide there is only this : wf_init_ribbonbar(rbb_1,False) and I dont have the sample application the above is referring to. Thanks, kp...
Hi when i use NativePDF! with datawindows with several pages , in the second page the header dont work and the letters is over it . What can i do?...
I am trying to have an application built using Powerbuilder 2019 connect to a Microsoft SQL Server database with TLS 1.2 enabled. The Database connection fails with a SSL Security Error. However, I am able to connect from within the Powerbuilder Dev ...
Hi.   We have successfully migrated our application to PB2019 and have also implemented the option to change theme. But why is the titlebar on the windows left unaltered? Here is our application using the "Flat Design Dark" theme and Microsoft Fi...
I'm getting a parsing error in the C# model generator for a datawindow that I am not sure how to resolve -- see attached.  The datawindow works fine in PB when doing a preview and passing the required arguments.  The issue appears to related to a sub...
Hi Experts! We've identified a strange problem. On some computers (with probably only Windows 10) our programs written in PowerBuilder 2019, 2017 and 12.5 crash when you activate the Windows screen magnifier (full screen). On other computers (also ...
We are using xUnit for our unit tests.  Tests – very simple ones – will often fail with the attached error when doing a 'Run All Tests' operation.  And it is random.  If I select the failed test that is highlighted below and do a 'Run Selected Test' ...
I just installed PB2019 on a Windows 2016 server (64-bit) and migrated our application. No errors. Did the same last week on a Win10 desktop. Migrated the application there as well.  I noticed that I cannot regen any datawindow objects in the 2016 s...
Version: PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858 When using the native Git integration of PowerBuilder, it seems to ignore the pre-commit git hook I've created. pre-commit: #!/bin/sh branch="$(git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD)"if [ "$branch" = "master" ];...
Hello, all I am confused with the documentation of Orca script. It does not state which part of project deploy each command does. What exactly do the following functions do? 1. Build application - a lot of processing but no PBDs are created 2. B...
I am getting error like Appeon power builder 2019 has stopped working message with close program button.   Scenario: I have defined event with pbm_lbuttonup event id in user oject and that user object placed in window. while running the applicatio...
HI,   since yesterday we're trying to use github for versionning control with our PB 2017 R3 application.   github account are not entreprise accounts but we're planning on going there once things go smouthly We enever used git before, knowledge...
Dear Appeon Community, I need information, restrictions, limitations that we should consider regarding an application developed in Powerbuilder 2017 can connect to databases in the cloud (SQL as a Service). This application will be hosted on Windows...
We are moving from 12.5 to 2019 in the next couple months and we are doing some testing. One of the testers is reporting that InfoMaker prompting for migration is inconsistent. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. My understanding of PowerBu...

There are no discussions available here currently