Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi All- After upgrading my infomaker reports from Sybase 12.5 to Appeon 17, all the multi page reports print only 1st page and don't even generate the rest of the pages. The reports are Rich Text Format. All these reports were printing fine with prio...
Hi, I migrated one of my PB12.5 apps to PB2019.  I have a tree-view datawindow with Sort order defined in the design mode.  When I migrated, this datawindow somehow lost the sort columns. So I manually added them back in 2019.  However, when I ru...
Hi, will it be possible to use PB2019 R2 and any release of PB2017 simultaneously on the same machine? First release of PB2019 could not be started while an instance of PB2017 was still running on the same machine, stating that licence was still lo...
Hi, I am adding the concept of confidentiality to a number of items in our app. In datawindow lists, I am attempting to do this by putting a 'Confidential' label, with a white background, over top of the entire row and controlling the visibility of ...
Power builder desktop application giving runtime error  windows 10  Unhandled exception at 0x10ba6a7d in uitappl.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000002a4.   Checked event viewer shows below error . C:\program files (x86)\bnym...
Good Morning I have developed an application for time control and we have users residing in cities with one hour less. The application takes the date with Today () from our server. Do you know how to take the date and time of the mobile?thanks...
Hi All- After upgrading my infomaker reports from Sybase 12.5 to Appeon 17, all the multi page reports print only 1st page and don't even generate the rest of the pages. These reports are all Rich Text and all these reports were printing fine with pr...
Is there a way to activate the browser scroll bars when the browser is sized smaller than the frame? Thanks Joe...
Hi, Is there any other method or function in PB 2017 for using Simple MAPI for mailSession ? I've found that it is possible with setting UseSimpleMAPI=yes  in pb.ini, but we never deployed pb.ini to clients, there was no reason to do. No...
Hello, Team We work with VSS on PB2017 and sometimes we have issues with PBGs not containing some PBL objects. Once the objects are not in the PBG, then it is no longer synchronized via ORCA script (but somehow still synched with PB IDE).   Can so...
Hello. Is there any (easy) way to export the presentation layer of a datawindow preferably as excel. I have searched around and haven't managed to find anything that gives you an export of "what you see" on the datawindow. My next try is probably go...
Hi, will the new placeholders in SLE also be available in the datawindow? Regards, Ferdinanad...
One thing that one of our applications needs is a scanned signature of an officer of the organization using our program, for putting onto the tax receipts it generates. We have specific requirements for that - it has to be exactly 166 x 39 pixels, or...
Hey Appeon, I have yet another place where scale factor > 100% corrupts the PB IDE display. System Setup Windows 10.0.19013.1122 (Insider Preview, slow ring) Scale Factor 125% PB190.exe - compatibility settings >> Override High DPI =...
Hi  can I start working with PB2019 Beta 2 and switch to the GA version before the Beta 2 expires?.  ThanksArthur...
Hi There Should I give up on trying to create a new RTF datawindow or is there some special way I need to implement Rich Text Format? The IDE crashes on a regular basis opening and closing a new RTF window  which I created to try to do a mail merge...
In a window we have a tab control with a number of tabpages. some of these tabpages contains a tab control who has more tabpages etc.  In one of these tabpages there is a datawindowcontrol named dw_3. Is there a way to find the dw and select the t...
Hello, PB 2017 R3.  Sample project attached in a zip file. We do not have the facility of 'AUTO SELECTION' for Date Field with Edit Mask, as available for String fields.  So in Itemfocuschanged event we write code to make AUTO SELECTION. When a sh...
Does Powerbuilder 2017 support EMS resumption? EMS resumption as defined by:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7627   Thanks!...
We've just had a security review and one thing that has been highlighted as important is that the PDFs generated by Powerbuilder PDFLib contain metadata.. which in of itself is okay, but one of the elements is the name of the windows user who created...

There are no discussions available here currently