Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
HiI uploaded an application generated to testflight with power server 2019 and xcode10.I upload the build version 1.8 on 28/08/2019, that version was accepted and dont sent me a message error but when I uploaded the version 1.9 and 2.0 on 29/08/2019 ...
Hi all, We are using Power Builder 2017 R3 Build 1858.  Has anyone accessed the com port from a datawindow. I would like to access the com port and collect the weighment values sent to the com port from the weighment software. Any sample codes wou...
Have not found any syntax/code yet on how to zoom a richedit text control.  Does anyone know or have a workaround?   Is there a zoom coding option?  Issue when I place the richtext control on the window the typeable part of the control is on the le...
Hi, We'll soon migrate our application from PB17R3 to PB19R2. I'm currently testing the themes feature because we'd like to implement it.   First thing I tried is having different color for buttons, this is just an exemple, I'll have the same pro...
I have a default printer in Windows. In my application, when the print dialog box displays I select a different printer but the datawindow still prints to the Windows default printer.  I have to close my application, change the Windows default printe...
Hello: We have a problem with an application (named GPS) since the migration from PB12.6 to PB2019 R2In a concrete scenario, the app crashes with the following message: GPS.exe has stopped working In the details of the message:Problem Event Name: ...
Our original product used PowerBuilder 9.0.3.  We are now required to use SQL Server Native Client 11.0. For now, we are testing with the PowerBuilder 2019 (trial version) for our application; while we wait on the final purchase of PowerBuilder 2019...
I am currently experiencing an issue with an application that I have that was recently migrated to PB 2019.  When calling the orcascript with orcascr190.exe the application will crash listing the faulting module as MSVCR100.dll.  The same orcascript ...
Hi, We have a medical records application built on PowerBuilder Platform 2017. We need to do a code audit on the application and the database to makes sure it meets all the regulatory requirements, including HIPPA, there are not security vulnerabili...
I have PB 2019 R2, I am trying to do as instructed https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/pbug/ch20s03.html#Saving_as_PDF_using_xslfo and I get following error: ---------------------------Preview - dw_test---------------------------Save Rows As failed.jav...
in XML template how to remove automatically empty elements ? Thanks...
Hi I have a powerbuilder application where I use Microsoft Web Browser in OLE custom control. It uses IE 11. The problem now is that the website I need to open there is not compatible with IE anymore. Is it possible to use Edge if I migrate my OS t...
il_selected_tab = this.SelectedTab   this statement does not return the tab page when program is compiled. It does in the IDE.   I have tried my best all day to diagnose this. It does not throw a bad return code.   This is a normal tab object on a ...
Hi, I have a 2 page report but when I print it, it prints 4 pages with 2 blank pages in between. I am sure that the text, line etc are fitted in each page and no overlapping. Can you advise what causing this? I am using Infomaker 2017.   Thanks ...
Where I work and have worked we connect to Microsoft Word using ole. We cannot run two PB apps at the same time that startup Word using OLE because the Powerbuilder applications hang. Why is that? It seems to work for a while but eventually they hang...
We are using below statement for creating XML and passing this string to Oracle DB, however few of our customers who are on older version of Powerbuilder (less than PB 12.5)have reported issues with regards to data not saved, root cause was String XM...
PB2019R2 Windows10 64 bit platform PostgreSQL 10 driver installed PostgewSQL 10 database named "dev12c" Summary Q:  How can I stop the "Select Data Source" popup window from being displayed every time a      CONNECT statement is called? Background...
Hi All, We have been installing and setting up GitHub repositories for our development team and have run into a situation that is stopping us from allowing developers to switch from a network repository to a GitHub server repository.  Here is what ...
Hi,   I have read the white paper and it sounds absolutely amazing! :-)   3 Questions:  Can I deploy the PB application to a webserver in Azure and then access/run it from inside the organization?  (invoke first time using a web browser) Are...
we are using powerbuilder 12.5 classic. we will plan to use VSTS(azure devops) in near future.. is there any possible way to migrate our powerbuilder source code to VSTS ?...

There are no discussions available here currently