Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353 We receive "Error opening dll library pbCrypt.dll for external function in line 20..." when calling Sec_3DesCryptApi. In Runtime and only on one virtual machine. On others it works ok. This function Sec_3DesCryptApi ...
I have a grid datawindow. I'm trying to see if I can add another search column within a column in the grid. So, could I make the first row a search column? And, could I make it a different dddw depending on the row? For example, when I retrieve my ...
mailsession object not working in windows 11. ...
Hello PB Community, I'm running into a weird issue with images in resource file. The application has been running for a long time now and this issue just came up and seems to be only happening with this particular user. All other users don't have th...
With CVE-2024-0056 (SQL Server high security alert) what versions of Powerbuilder are affected and what is the Appeon advice on avoidance of this issue.(ref: NVD - CVE-2024-0056 (nist.gov))...
Hi,   We are using Powerbuilder 2021 version and thinking of having the UI theme implementation to the entire application as part of modernisation. However even with the recent release of Powerbuilder 2022 R3 we see that there are certain limitatio...
I have PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1892. When viewing a PDF, the Download button does nothing. I do get pbcefcache and pbcefdownload folders under my user temp folder. The pbcefdownload folder is empty. The WebBrowserGet & WebBrowserSet functions...
our application using Kerberos as single sign on. after upgrade to Oracle 19 client, the application no longer works. but the Kerberos are still working fine. in support document, Oracle 19 is not officially supported by power builder. due to secur...
I'm printing a 2000 page report and I am wondering if it is possible to know when the printer is finished. The Print function returns when PowerBuilder has finished sending it to the print spooler.  ...
I will like to find out if is possible to do direct texting from in PB application. Any advise will be greatly appreciate. Regards, Clarence...
After applying the theme the applications has a brand new look which is better but is there a way to identify disabled ( protected ) columns on a datawindow. In the Do not apply theme applications the background are button face for disabled fields on...
Hi ,  I would to ask if can I upgrade a sybase Powerbuilder application from 10.5 to Appeon 2017 R3?  I need to go between version or a can do directly from 10.5 to 2017.  Application is stand alone version. Regards, Andrei...
Hi all, I've been asked to investigate on how to send email using gmail and oauth2. Has anyone done this and could please give me some advice (code?) or some steps to follow ? I've been googling, but it all seems a bit complicated for my old brain...
Menu icons were missing when application build has created by using PBAutoBuild. It works properly when build has trigger from PowerBuilder.  Pease suggest any workaround for this issue. Attached document contains the screenshots. Also noticed tha...
Hi, I've followed the error message while compiling my project from cmd via PBAutoBuild tool (I've PowerBuilder 2022 R3 , RT: 22.2.0.3289): Process 'pbautobuild220.exe' exited with code -1073741819 How and where can I see the description or other ...
Hi,   I've got a problem with the codepage of PBAutoBuild output in my console. I've additional chars as in following screenshot:  How can I change the codepage of PBAutoBuild tool? I haven't got any problem with ex. dotnet compile. Regards Pa...
Is there a way through script to put some code behind the resizing of a grid datawindow column? I don't believe the resize event of the dw fires when widening or narrowing a column on a grid. Trying to find the event that gets triggered. PB 17...
I try to code hybrid app using pB2022 R3 + webBrowser Control (webview2). Normally, it is a sheet window contains a webBrowser control, and the webBrowser navigate to my webapp. It functions well within the webBrowser. however, when lost focus of th...
Hi All. We have recently moved from the desktop GUI application to the cloud-based application using PowerServer for one of our existing customers.  The legacy GUI application (PB 2019 R3 Build 2779, Runtime 19.2.0.2779) interfaced with Sybase ASE d...
The help lists both ‘DataWindow.Printer’ and ‘DataWindow.Print.PrinterName’ as ways to specify the printer. The DataWindow source code only has Print.PrinterName. What is the difference? I'm having an issue where certain DataWindow objects retrieve...

There are no discussions available here currently