Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Have i not got something installed maybe?   https://i.ibb.co/Gx73Fkr/image.png  ...
How Can I create web service in powerbuilder?  I need to create a web service directed to the web page http://labelary.com/viewer.html, has anyone already done it? can you share the code?    ...
Hi Everyone, I'm having some major 64 bit issues. The issue is in both PB2019 and PB12.6, so it must be environment related. It worked before and now it doesn't. To confirm that it's not my coding; I created a new application with 1 window, no code....
Hello, I need help when displaying the json response from http://www.mocky.io/v2/5d2810152c000072003ed79e in a datawindow. I will really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance...
Hi, I want to display a blob column in my window, I create a InkPicture object, get the blob column value in a blob variable, them use InkPicture.LoadInk() function, but not display the image blob blb_imagen  SelectBlob  foto   Into :blb_imagen   F...
We are trying to export a report to .xlsx format with a PB 2019 application using PowerServer 2020. Here is the GetFileSaveName call we are using for the dialog. GetFileSaveName ( "Save As", ls_path, ls_file, "", "Excel with headers (*.xls),*.xls,Ex...
I am looking to convert my PB apps to web apps.  Is this truly possible?  If so, are there any limitations?  Are there any browser limitations, etc?  ...
Hi I do hope everyone is well. I am trying to do an insert into sql statement within powerbuilder script. PB2019   I want to copy all the record from sales to sales_history - sales_history has all the fields of sales but in addition a archive_yea...
Do you have to have the PowerBuilder catalog tables created in Prod databases where just built applications are going to be run? How do you keep PB from trying to access catalog tables from compiled applications?   WARNING: too many parse errors, ...
Late last night I installed PB 2019 R2 on a desktop running Windows 10 Pro that is current with all Windows updates which had PB 2019 R1 installed. I use Bitdefender Total Security for my anti-virus and firewall (which is also current with software u...
Write a file in Appenon 2019.I am generating a file and the same one from the application generates 290 rows but when I execute the function outside the normal system circuit it generates 540 rows.I can't find the reason why this function in a way ge...
Hi We have an MDI application. On Windows 10, the appearance of the MDI frame is different from the sheet window (title bar, window control menu, etc.). The MDI frame looks like all Windows 10 windows, but windows sheet look old. Is there a way to...

PB2017 - memory

Good Morning! We have an automation application using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 and the OS is Win10 . This application has been had a memory leak .  Could you someone let me know How I do "unhandled exception" for memory leak in the coding (...
PB 2017R3 - windows 10 Was in the debugger, it got messed up and so i had to kill PB. Restarted PB but now the IDE is not viewable.  seems to be offscreen possibly low left.  Tried to cascade all windows in windows 10, did not help.  tried to move...
I'm testing PB 2019 R2 #2203 vs. PB 2017 R3 #1880. I create methods on application object and see below similarity + difference Test Cases Create a function Open app object Create function with return statement Save app object Create a...
Has someone succeeded in querying an ActiveDirectory server with LDAP and SSL. I use the ldapquery tool from topwizprogramming and i'm able to connect to the server on port 389, but not on secure port 636 (my connect string is for example ldap://x50...
Hello, i've switched to Git source control and everything working fine except when i try to commit one or more objects of my project. The Commits in fact finish correctly but the PB IDE crashes closing itself (experiencing same behaviour both on PB20...
Hello, i need to query an external active directory from Powerbuilder via ldap. I tried the two examples from CodeExchange. I cannot use the version with java (customer reglementation).The other version just does a query against a local active dire...
Hi, Anyone ported PFC to PB2019 ?   I checked github - but latest is 2017 I see some references in the pbdom implementation causing build problems in PB2019 cause it's referring pbdom2017.pbx Regards Georgios    ...
Urgently seek for advice for below issues, thanks you in advance.   After we migrated oracle database server from 10g to 12c, with charset changed from BIG5 to UTF-8, the result obtained from oracle functions through SQLCA are different between PB...

There are no discussions available here currently