Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, we use Powerbuilder19 and are in the process of migrating to Powerbuilder21. In our application when we minimize windows they are usually arranged in the lower left corner. Now after the upgrade to windows 11 my minimized windows look like t...
Hello , PB 2021.1288 I have window with two dw and 4 picture buttons . What I would like to do is , that when DW is resized the picture button has to be moved at the same distance from dw as it was before it has to be always at leftdown corner of ...
Hi all, I've always had to install a few dll's to get the runtime to work... and still do it out of a 20-year habit! ATL100.dllMSVCP100.dllMSVCR100.dll I'm wondering if those dll files are needed? I'm developing with PB 2019 R3 Build 2728.  I used...
Hi Guru I'm doing the various tutorials on the site, but I don't use SQLServer. Can you pass me the structure of the tables so that I can insert them in oracle and / or in PostgreSQL?   Thank you...
Hi Friends, Today, I was doing something that I have done a dozen times... I added a new target to my workspace and created a new target using an existing application.  Made all the changes needed and saved.  When I compiled, I got multiple errors. ...
Hello, hoping I can get some assistance on this problem I'm having with a PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858 application currently in use by my company. The back end is sql server 2016 and all is working well, up until I've had to move to a new testing ...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering how everyone uses version numbers in their current applications?  I'm not too far off deploying our first production PowerClient application and thought I would revisit how I version my applications.  Currently I have insta...
I have the same problem as described in https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/cannot-connect-to-the-repository , that is I can't connect to my repository specified in the Workspace Source Control Properties for Git. I get the same 2 error me...
Hello,   We're doing tests of our PowerClient with an FTP as the server and we have seen that we can create differents instances of our application by changing the name of the App.  I have different clients and perhaps some needs to download other...
Hi Team, Greetings! Recently Chrome browser was upgraded to version 98 and post that the PowerServer 2021 deployed apps are getting triggered multiple times at the same time. Upon analysis we found that the browser is automatically making an addit...
Hello, I am developing an application using PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1506.  My development PC is Windows 10 but the PowerServer deployment is on nginx server with .Net Core 3.1.  When the the application package is deployed to test server, URL launch...
Hello!1.In web browser control, PB 2019 R3 while printing from user event unable to print from print().I am having web browser control to display pdf documents(which is converted from images and docs). which has to be stamped then to print from the u...
I wonder if you have any examples of using the Zxing.Net library to read barcodes in PDF files. It would be nice to have a DLL to be able to use it in PowerBuilder! I have been exploring the project https://github.com/zxing/zxing but my knowledge o...
When my colleague runs a compiled version of our application he sees the modified back color of unselected tabs.   For some reason on my computer with the same application (and on our citrix farm) the color does not change (whether set in script or i...
I'm tasked with maintaining/updating a legacy app that was written in an early version of Powerbuilder. We've upgraded to 2021 and are trying to make some menu modifications with 'Print' and 'Print Preview'. Currently when hitting 'Print' it fails w...
Hi, I've created a ticket, asking Appeon for clear documentation on valid PB.INI entries: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=7750 That might take a while though. So what I've done, is create a little Google-Site (you may laugh, m...
Hi, Currently we have 10 licenses for PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Standard Edition. We are going to renew the licenses in 2 weeks time. Can we use the same license to download and use PowerBuilder 2019 R3. So at any given time, can we run 10 instances o...
Hi guys,   we have just updated one of our customers with a new version of our software. we didn't change the PB version , using PB2019 R2. in our software we are using a barcode font, which is properly installed and worked in our previous version...
Hi, I'm currently using PB 2019, build 2170, and the runtime application is running locally on the client computers: All the neccessary files are simply copied to a folder on the local drive. Though somewhat 'old-school', this has been working for y...
Hi All, Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to develop and maintain our Product. We are using SQL Native Client (SQLNCLI11) to connect to MS SQL Server. Whenever we think of PB upgrade, we always pick the PB version which is provided with L...

There are no discussions available here currently