Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
How do you debug datawindow differences between PowerBuilder and PowerServer?  I have datawindows that work fine in the IDE but when deployed are missing data.  I've tried changing from a stored procedure to SQL and they're still missing. The date i...
Hello, PB 2022 R3 build 3289 Using Kevin Riddly's PFC resize without PFC ( PFC Resize without PFC - Appeon Community ) Enabled TabbedView in the MDI.  Used OpensheetWithParm is the command to open a window.  It works fine most of the time.   Sudd...
Hello, https://chrispollach.blogspot.com/2024/02/integrated.html In the above page, I see a confusion between two different version mentioned in two different places.  Would like to know which one is right. Is the link talking about PB 2022 R2 o...
Hi All,   In the case of a reverse proxy server failure (NGINX), what is the suggested strategy to route traffic from the client to the web API servers?Our PowerServer WEBP API  is hosted on IIS and the reverse proxy runs on NGINX. Is there a mecha...
 I recently installed Infomaker 2022 on my workstation and attempted to edit the custom pbl that we use for Famous ERP, but after saving the global.pbl file from my pc using Infomaker, the GS1-128 barcode, VoicePick code and UPC barcode disappeared f...
Helllo,   I have a database context that looks like this: public class DataContext : OdbcSqlAnywhereDataContext { public DataContext (string connectionString) : this(new OdbcSqlAnywhereDataContextOptions<DataContext>(connectionString)) { } ...
When trying to run the demo app, I get a "userid / password combination invalid".  PB is installed and working (2017R2), as is SQL Anywhere 17.  I did see a warning message upon installing PB that said vs 17.0.4.2053 cannot be used for stored procedu...
Hi Team, We have succesfully buuild our application in powerserver and able to convert and access through browser in localhost.  Now we are trying to deploy application in ubuntun 22.04  We are using below version of powerbuilder and powerserver ...
Hello,We work with PowerBuilder 19 R3.We have just migrated our Oracle database to 19C.Since the migration, we have noticed the presence of .DMP files. These are taking up more and more space on our disks. We regularly delete them. Can you tell us wh...
I had to take a break from the Docker deployment to work on other items, but I'm back on it and looking at the documentation, I'm having trouble following.  Looking at the documentation, the Powerserver project shown is different than the one I'm usi...
Hi, I have a problem using PDFDocument. The file I import is electronically signed with Adobe ('File_signed.pdf') When executing the save() function it gives me an error -25 and the resulting file cannot be opened. Any idea how to fix it?   lp...
Hi All, I have migrated the client server application from PB 2022 R2 to R3 after that email is not working from the PowerBuilder IDE in dev environment or from the Build in QA environment, that was working fine with PB 2022 R2 version (both from ID...
I already posted this as a bug, but if anyone has any other suggestions: There seems to be an issue with SymmetricDecrypt not returning the full decrypted message. Given the following values -- these are all hex values:encrypted data: 158ABE1495B20...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know if multi-table update still works in PFC for Powerbuilder 2022 R3 ?   Thank you....
Hello all fellow PB'ers, Not sure how to title this question. Using PowerBuilder 2022 R2 (Build 2828), we are seeing some weird error messages generated from our application (typically null object references) and I was curious if the following coul...
Hi, I have to insert attachments to a PDF. I am using PDFDocument. I have already managed to attach them. My question is if it is possible to make a label that, by double clicking on it, opens the attachment.Regards...
Hi, I am using PowerBuilder 19 and try to connect the Snowflake using ODBC Driver. I am able to connect and execute the queries in DataWindow. When I try to create a DataWindow using Stored Procedure as Data source. PowerBuilder is not displaying th...
Hello,   I am using the SqlModelMapper to retrieve data. I have noticed that the LoadByPageAsync methode doesn't generate a top x start at x statement in the query. It retrieves all the records in the database en then creates the page in code. Thi...
We are facing few weird issues in PB 2022 R3 build 3289, which we never faced in PB 2022 R2.  Not sure whether others are facing this issue or not. Issue 1:We migrated one project from PB 2017 to 2017 R3 to 2019 R3 to PB 2022 R2 to PB 2022 R3. At r...
How does one actually do this? ... I followed the instructions in the help file, and SnapDevelop opens with the debug window when debugging, but the window itself doesn't give any information beyond what components loaded. The code file doesn't open,...

There are no discussions available here currently