1. Clarence Chamorro
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. Monday, 5 April 2021 13:56 PM UTC

I have PowerServer WorkGroup edition 2019 Build 2151. Our Android devices with OS11 can not run the Mobile Apps. So I need to upgrade, as somebody in the Appeon suggested, to PS2020. It is a silly question and I think I have asked in the pass.

How do I download or request the PowerServer 2020 upgrade?

I'm already downloading and upgrading to PB2019 R3.

Regards,

Clarence

Clarence Chamorro Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 8 April 2021 12:55 PM UTC
  3. # 1

Sorry last question on Upgrading PS2019 to PS2020.

Once I upgrade PowerServer 2019 to 2020 do I have to enter the product ID and generate the file to request for license number from Appeon tech support?

Regards,

Clarence.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 8 April 2021 13:27 PM UTC
Verify in AEM that your support is not expired. If AEM shows the support is still valid, then it should accept the upgrade without refreshing the license file. But always back up the computer so you can revert back if the upgrade fails.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Monday, 5 April 2021 17:33 PM UTC
  3. # 2

And the last question. Would PS2020 be compatible with previous android OS and previous IOS?

Regards,

Clarence.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 5 April 2021 17:58 PM UTC
Always refer to the system requirements document to understand what OS versions are supported: https://docs.appeon.com/ps2020/installation_guide/ch02s01s01.html
  1. Helpful
  1. Monday, 5 April 2021 15:47 PM UTC
  3. # 3

I do paid every year the renewed maintenance fee for PowerServer WorkGroup edition.

I have some questions. When I run the install of PowerServer would it detect that I have PowerServer 2019 and upgrade to 2020?

Or do I have to uninstalled PowerServer 2019 and then install 2020?

My test enviroment is in my PC with PowerServer PB edition. Would it be and issues once I move to PowerServer WorkGroup edition (if the PB edition is different of the WG edition)?

Regards,

Clarence.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 5 April 2021 15:51 PM UTC
Yes, PowerServer 2020 installs on top of 2019. You don't need to uninstall PowerServer 2019.

There should be no issues to move from development server to production server as long as the build # are the same.
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 5 April 2021 15:20 PM UTC
  3. # 4

Hi Clarence,

Production licenses of PowerServer 2020 and older versions are perpetual license only.  So you need to have renewed maintenance if you want to get the PowerServer 2020 upgrade.

Here are the download link for PowerServer 2020 installer for .NET: 

I recommend you carefully test on your development environment first and create disaster recover backup of your production server before you attempt to upgrade to 2020.

One little side note, perpetual license products are not currently available for download from the User Center where you get PowerBuilder and our our subscription products.  When PowerServer 2021 is released, we will be integrating our perpetual license system so that everything will be in the User Center.

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.