1. Bryant Burnard
  2. PowerServer
  3. Friday, 3 December 2021 20:23 PM UTC

Working on deploying my application in PB 2021 1311 Oracle 19, Oracle Client 19c. I was in an earlier version of the PB 2021, and went into it this week and was upgraded to Build 1311. It said to check my Database Config on the Web APIs, and I did this. Checked my connection and I am able to connect to Oracle. (I deleted and recreate the connection already) That said, I am getting the following error when I click Compile & Run Web APIs:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1916]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PSToolkit\21.0\NetBuild>C:&cd /&cd C:\Program Files\dotnet&dotnet.exe build --configuration Release "C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs"&exit
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.7.2+b60ddb6f4 for .NET
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Determining projects to restore...
Restored C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\AppModels\AppModels.csproj (in 1.44 sec).
Restored C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj (in 1.47 sec).
AppModels -> C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\AppModels\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\AppModels.dll
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(8,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DataProvider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(7,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DataProviderAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(7,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DataProvider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(10,37): error CS0115: 'OracleDataDriver.Create(string)': no suitable method found to override [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]

Build FAILED.

DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(8,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DataProvider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(7,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DataProviderAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(7,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DataProvider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
DataProviders\OracleDataDriver.cs(10,37): error CS0115: 'OracleDataDriver.Create(string)': no suitable method found to override [C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos\PowerServer_pvr\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj]
0 Warning(s)
4 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:13.64

Looks like I am missing something after the upgrade, how do I rebuild / config / test this connection?

Thanks

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 December 2021 23:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

Did you upload the new Cloud App Launcher to your Web server? 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Bryant Burnard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 December 2021 22:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Chris/Francisco;

I deleted out the folders and that cleared the issue out, so Thanks! After doing this, I am still receiving this error; (is this just a config issue now?)

2021-12-03 14:49:48.274 ERROR [7968] Failed to get the app publisher from the server.
2021-12-03 14:49:48.274 ERROR [9044] Failed to download the file. URL: http://localhost:80/CloudAppPublisher/runtime/21.0.0.1311/x64/manifest.json, Error description: HTTP error.(error code: 404).

I was following the notes you mentioned Francisco, but could figure our how to update the libraries in PowerSever C# project (I am not familiar with how to do this/the IDE), so this wasn't helping me at all. Is there notes on how to do this?

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 3 December 2021 22:30 PM UTC
That is awesome news Bryant. I agree with Francisco though if you need to preserve any JSON control file settings. However in my experience with a variety of complex software, I tend to document all my custom changes (even uploading these control files into a an SCM). Then if its development, blow away the previous release 100% and then reset back the custom settings by either following my notes or downloading the custom setting files from the SCM. That way you know that you have a "clean" base install that works before you tamper with it. I also like following the customization notes so that the QA .=> UAT and production folks can follow the same process as me & get the same result that I do in development. Just food for thought. ;-)
  1. Helpful 2
  1. Bryant Burnard
  2. Friday, 3 December 2021 23:09 PM UTC
Hmm, I think Norm Abram says read / know / understand the instructions before operating. Yup, updated the Cloud launcher and off to the races.

Thanks everyone.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 4 December 2021 00:32 AM UTC
Glad to hear your issue resolved!
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 December 2021 20:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Bryant;

FWIW: I solved this and other upgrade problems by deleting my PS repository folders. In your case, the sub-folders of "C:\Users\bryant.burnard\source\repos" as applicable. Once I did that, I just redid the "Build  & Deploy" step plus compile step.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Francisco Martinez @Appeon
  2. Friday, 3 December 2021 21:10 PM UTC
I agree, deleting the particular Solution folder would be the cleanest solution. You might lose any modifications you might have done to the Web APIs code, though, e.g. Authentication Schemes or other settings manually set. Just a thing to keep in mind.
  1. Helpful 3
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 3 December 2021 21:15 PM UTC
Francisco makes very good point, and that’s why in upgrade notes we provide the steps.
  1. Helpful
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 December 2021 20:31 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi Bryant,

Did you review the Upgrade Notes for this release?
There's some steps to be taken to keep things working.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.