1. Pooja Rakate
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 5 February 2019 15:18 PM UTC

Hi,

I am able to run an application migrated from PB8 to PB2017 R3(.exe file) completely fine on my development PC (Windows 7 64 Bit) . when i try to run the same on a new machine(Win 7 64 Bit and Win 10 64 Bit) i am receiving "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application" 

Kindly please advice.

Thanks.

Robert Purser Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 May 2019 16:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Searches online suggested that the 0xc000007b error may be related to the .NET Framework. I noted that the atl100.dll is also related to .NET so I made sure that the version of the atl100.dll being installed with my app was the same as the version from my PB2017 installation and that fixed the problem.

Comment
  1. Olan Knight
  2. Thursday, 16 May 2019 23:24 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!

Olan
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Mariano Collado @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 February 2019 17:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Pooja,

As Olan and Chris stated this looks like the application was deployed to the 2nd machine without the necessary run-time .dlls

The easiest way to get the needed dlls on other machines is by installing the PowerBuilder run-time. You can generate a PowerBuilder run-time installer package (.msi) on your development machine by opening Windows Search and looking for "PowerBuilder Runtime Packager"

Once you select the required components you want to include in the run-time, generate the .msi which you will share on other machines and execute it to install the PowerBuilder run-time.

Machines with the PowerBuilder run-time will be able to run PowerBuilder applications.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 February 2019 16:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Pooja;

To run your PB App's EXE on another PC, you will need to install the PB run-time DLL's. This can be done by running the PB Packager utility on your development PC where your IDE resides. It will create an MSI install for use on the deployed PC. The MSI will install the necessary files for the EXE to run.

Note that you will still need to install any external resources and DB client drivers also required by your App's EXE on the deployed PC.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 February 2019 16:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Usually in cases like this at least one required DLL  is missing.

Did you install the application using Appeon's installer?

Olan

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.