1. Stefan Ramsthaler
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 6 December 2018 11:42 AM UTC

Hi,

i have a problem with "Import a PBExtension" in a Library. I Need to import the soapconnection, soapexception and soappbcookie  classes  from the pbwsclient170.pbx.

When i try to do this i get the following error:

"Importing C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbwsclient170.pbx  -  Error: The file is not a valid dll or pbx file."

Anyone has an idea?

Environment:

Windows 7 Professional

Powerbuilder 2017 Cloud Edition Build 1681

Microsoft .NET Framwork4

Juan Alejandro Lam López Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 7 December 2018 14:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hello Estefan

I currently work with the version 2017 R3 Build 1858. Please update to this new version and try it, it has worked very well to replicate what you are trying to do.

I recommend that you uninstall completely, clean the records of your system with a tool similar to ccleanear or one of your preferences, restart your PC and perform the installation from scratch with the version 2017 R3 Build 1858.

Regards

Juan Alejandro Lam

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Stefan Ramsthaler Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 7 December 2018 11:54 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

After installing R3 Version Build 1858 the same error occurs.

Attachments (3)
Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Friday, 7 December 2018 13:38 PM UTC
Are you using the German localization install? Your build date is about 2 weeks after mine. Perhaps there was an issue when they compiled the German version.
  1. Helpful
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 December 2018 14:30 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

I just tried it myself and was successful. I have 2017-R3.

Comment
  1. Stefan Ramsthaler
  2. Friday, 7 December 2018 11:45 AM UTC
Hi Roland & Chris, i've tried to install the R3 Version Build 1858, but the error still exists. It must be another proble.

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 7 December 2018 14:39 PM UTC
Hi Stefan;

I see your ticket in the Appeon Support System and it states that you are using W7. I was OK performing this import - but, my PC's are all W10. Do you have access to a W10 PC to try this?

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 7 December 2018 14:48 PM UTC
PS: In your ticket you stated PB2017 build 1681.

That is R2. R3 is build 1858.
  1. Helpful
Kevin Ridley Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 December 2018 13:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I saw something about this in older versions and it was an issue with 2 DLLs: libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.  The \Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder versions of these files are probably not being loaded, you are probably using the windows versions of these files.  You can do a search for these files and see which folder is first in the path/classpath.  Maybe you installed another app that contains those files and they are getting loaded before the Appeon versions. 

If that doesn't work, or you can't find it, open up a case with Appeon Support. 

Comment
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Friday, 7 December 2018 12:20 PM UTC
There are probably other (non PB) versions of these files. Do a search for them. There's also utilities that can tell you which DLLs are currently loaded which will allow you to see if the Appeon one is being loaded. Might want to try reinstalling also just in case.
  1. Helpful
  1. Stefan Ramsthaler
  2. Saturday, 8 December 2018 13:11 PM UTC
Hi Kevin, i've found the problem.

The problem was really the ssleay32.dll

There was a version of this DLL ind the Windows\SYSWOW64 folder wich blocked the Appeon DLL.

I've replaced this file with the DLL from Appeon/Shared folder and now it works fine! :-)

Thanks for the tip with these DLL's!

Stefan
  1. Helpful
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Monday, 10 December 2018 12:10 PM UTC
Happy to hear you got it working. To help others, you should mark the above reply as the solution/correct answer. I forget which it is, but cheers.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.