1. Ramendra Singh
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 30 November 2018 03:46 AM UTC

Hi Gurus 

I noticed a behavior change in Masking between PB6.5 and PB2017R3.

I our application, there is couple of areas where masking is defined e.g. for date it's "dd/mm/yy" 

When I am using PB6.5, I can copy a date which is e.g. "01/02/2018" and it paste successfully into the defined masking of "dd/mm/yy" as "01/02/18" 

But, if I try to do the same thing in PB2017R3, it don't allow me to do that (i.e. not paste the data at all). If I change the date to "01/02/18" and paste, it works fine. And, I noticed this behavior in other areas where masking it used.

Although, I still need to verify this in other PowerBuilder versions (maybe at home) and I suspect this was change few years back.

The problem is, I was not able to find any clear reference in the change log if something has changed during the period. 

Can someone share any information you are aware about this change?

Thanks

Ramendra 

Accepted Answer
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 30 November 2018 16:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

I did a web search and someone complained on the old newsgroup about this happening when upgrading from 8 to 9. The person who responded said that Sybase said this was a bug. Apparently they never fixed it.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 30 November 2018 16:55 PM UTC
Thanks Roland for that research!

Ramendra: Please open a Support Ticket for this issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. Ramendra Singh
  2. Sunday, 2 December 2018 22:38 PM UTC
Hi Roland

Thank you for researching this for me!

I will raise a support Ticket soon.

Regards

Ramendra
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 30 November 2018 15:25 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Ramendra;

Hard to say when these type of EditMask changes were done in PB's long line of releases since PB 6.5. Could have been around the major retrofit of PB going from ANSI to Unicode way back when. Its really hard to say as PB's stewardship has now changed three times, again since PB 6.5.

My suggestion would be to open a Support Ticket on this issue for proper resolution by Appeon.

BTW: Are you referring to an EditMask object class or a DataWindow column's EditMask or both?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Ramendra Singh
  2. Sunday, 2 December 2018 22:36 PM UTC
Hi Chris

Thank you for the response, I will raise a Support Ticket soon.

I noticed the issue in both EditMask object as well as Datawindow.

Regards

Ramendra

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.