1. Ronnie Po
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 12 January 2022 23:47 PM UTC

Has anyone successfully deployed a PowerServer 2021 app that uses dynamic DataWindows (created with the Create() method), which are populated by stored procedure?

When deploying an app using the documented techniques, all SP-based dynamic DataWindows fail at runtime with the following message:

I feel that I'm missing a step, since a dynamic DW won't be automatically associated with a C# .Net DataStore model the way that a PBL-based DW would be, but I can't find any documentation on how to handle this.

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 January 2022 17:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Ronnie, Adding to what David said, dynamically creating DataWindows is supported.  In the PowerServer documentation, it is not listed as unsupported feature.  So if it is not working, most likely it is a bug.  As David already mentioned, the maintenance release coming soon should resolve the issue, but just to be sure we would really appreciate that you open a support ticket and provide small test so we can verify.  Thanks!

Comment
  1. Ronnie Po
  2. Friday, 14 January 2022 00:35 AM UTC
Hi Armeen. Done! Thanks...
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
David Xiong @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 January 2022 09:34 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Ronnie,

We have fixed a similar issue internally and this fix will be included in the next PowerServer 2021 MR release. We recommend that you open a ticket through our support portal https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug, and provide a small test case that reproduces the problem and let us verify if it fixes your issue.

Regards,

David

Comment
  1. Ronnie Po
  2. Friday, 14 January 2022 00:35 AM UTC
Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I have opened a ticket with a sample app that reproduces the problem..

Regards,

Ronnie
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 14 January 2022 02:13 AM UTC
Thanks!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.