1. A. Kopitsch
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 05 August 2019

Hi,

today we experienced a weird problem with our application build with PB 2017 R2. We tried to install an update of this app on a clients system but trendmirco blocked and finally deleted the app-executable because of a possible threat. Over the last years we had several customers without any problems.

After this I have checked out our previous releases back until the year 2011 on virustotal.com. I discovered the issue came up with the first release made with PB 12.6 in 2015 and continues until today. Before this we had used PB 12.5.2 with no problems.

I have just created an empty app (only a window without coding) with PB 2017 R2 and have the same problems. (Disabled debug symbol, 32bit, Pcode, no other Libraries) The screenshot shows the result from the virustotal website. Is this a know problem or better, is there a solution or workaround?

Many Thanks,

Andre

 

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
2
Votes
Undo

Your best bet is to submit an exe to the anti-virus vendor and tell them you are getting a false positive. They should be able to figure out why and update their algorithms.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Monday, 5 August 2019
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies. Learn More