1. Zhang JX
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 00:27 AM UTC

To all,

is there anyone knew how to deploy custom fonts files such as AdvC39* into c:\windows\fonts\ folder?

I knew we can include external files such as *.dll; picture files in the Powerserver project, while those files would be downloaded into client runtime folder instead.

Regards,

JX

Accepted Answer
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 04:50 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

Hi JX,

You can add your font files as external files and run a bat file to install them in the Preload event of the PowerServer project. If the font files are EXEs, you can install them all by running the bat file. If they are TTF files, you can run the bat file to copy them all to C:\Windows\Fonts, which might require admin permission.

The commands in Preload event can be any Windows commands or user-defined commands, you can do any custom operations by running a batch file in Preload event. Please refer to the article below for details.
https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/Define_the_PowerServer_projects.html
https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/power-client-installation-of-batch-file

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
  1. Zhang JX
  2. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 05:56 AM UTC
Thank you Zhaokai.

will try it option.

Regards, JX
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 01:22 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

download the font file as you would any other file.  the trick is to have your application register the font when the application needs it, then unregister it when done.  That is pretty much the windows standard for any application now.

Load the fonts at runtime using AddFontResourceExW – use the font file name and full path.

is there solution to use font file name located in application folder rather than use the font face name installed in the window system (appeon.com)

if you have access to the elevate 2018 conference documents, i had it one of my slides in my presentation on how to deploy the same application as either powerserver or client/server 

Comment
  1. Zhang JX
  2. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 05:56 AM UTC
Thanks Mike.

JX
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Wednesday, 11 August 2021 13:23 PM UTC
AddFontResourceExW is the api name. admin rights are not required
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.