1. Mitch Goldstein
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 29 September 2017 20:13 PM UTC

Hello,

I just purchased Appeon Powerbuilder 2017.  I have migrated my PB 11.5 application to this new version and would like some recommendations for deployment to my clients.  In PB 11.5, I would deploy the project using Pcode and PBDs for the libraries.  Then using Inno Setup, I create an installation zip file which includes all the PB 115 runtime files.  Should I continue to deploy with the same method now and if so, where are the deployment files?  Inno Setup hasn't been updated in a while, so I'm thinking now may be the time to come up with a new installation method.  We also have issues from time to time with getting virus protection software false positives on our included dll files.  I'd like suggestions on creating an install that would avoid these issues going forward as well.

TIA,

Mitch

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 30 September 2017 02:47 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

For the most part you would need the same files except change 115 to 170.

For details, look in the help file under:

Application Techniques, Deployment Techniques, Deploying Applications and Components, PowerBuilder runtime files.

Comment
  1. Mitch Goldstein
  2. Wednesday, 28 March 2018 19:26 PM UTC
How about preventing virus protection software such as Windows Defender or Norton as flagging my installs for having viruses?  

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.