1. Dipankar RSG
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 22 September 2022 12:00 PM UTC

We are attempting to migrate PB2019 to PB2021 Version. We ran Powerbuilder Migration Assistant report for PowerScript New, Obsolete or Removed Syntax. On the next page there comes Version selection screen. Just wondering if this is relevant for PB2019 to PB2021 upgrade. 

When all versions except Version 8.0 is selected no New, Obsolete or Removed syntax found message pops up.

On selecting Version 8.0, the report is generated suggesting replacement for catch, try, lastpos, wordcap & throw syntaxes. I need advice if at all any change is required in the code or we can ignore this report? Moreover, whether FUNCky @obsolete Syntax report need to be run too?

Regards,

Dipankar

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 22 September 2022 14:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Dipankar;

The FUNCky report only needs to be run if you see the  FUNCky PBL library in your Application's library path.

If good regression testing proves that your App is running OK - then the Migration Report changes can be considered optional at this time.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 22 September 2022 14:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Dipankar,

I am sorry that the migration assistant has not yet been updated to flag obsolete/discontinued features after PB 2017.  For now, please refer to the upgrade guide: https://docs.appeon.com/pb/upgrading_pb_apps/index.html

Also, I recommend upgrading to PB 2022 instead of 2021.  2021 was a stepping-stone release and will be discontinued soon. PB 2022 will be revised into long-term support version.  Also, it offers many valuable features and fixes: https://docs.appeon.com/pb/whats_new/index.html

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.