1. Rick Hedin
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 14 August 2019 14:56 PM UTC

Hi.  I am trying to get a handle on what PB version would be most appropriate.   We were running PB 12.6 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.   We are trying to move our PB 12.6 to a Windows Server 2016 Standard machine. 

The installation of the PB dll's failed on registering the pbjvm126.dll.   Apparently, that's because it wants a higher version of the Microsoft C dll's. 

This sounds like a question about an installation problem, but it's really not.   I'm having trouble getting a handle on what versions of PB are available.  Is there some giant matrix somewhere?   "On a Windows Server 2016 Standard machine, you can have x, y, and z versions of PowerBuilder."   I haven't found the documentation, so far. 

Thanks. 

Mariano Collado @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 August 2019 18:30 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Rick,

PowerBuilder versions 12.6 and older are SAP products that have reached End-of-Life and are no longer available.

Appeon develops and distributes PowerBuilder versions 2017 and newer. 

Here is a matrix of all versions, subversions, and builds of Appeon PowerBuilder: https://www.appeon.com/update

All Appeon PowerBuilder versions (PowerBuilder versions 2017 and newer) support the following operating systems:

Supported by PowerBuilder IDE and runtime:

Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit with SP1 KB3033929

Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit

Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit (excluding Windows IoT and Windows Embedded Compact)

Supported by PowerBuilder runtime only:

Windows Server 2008 32-bit or 64-bit with SP2

Windows Server 2012 R2

Windows Server 2016

Cordially,

Mariano C.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.